1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 LR4 BRAKES

Discussion in 'LR4' started by Gusterson, May 6, 2020.

1. Graeham B

Graeham B Member

Thanks @gsxr! The store names really helped, and sorry for being a newb at forums (I'm much more into cars that computers). I pulled the trigger on a Zimmermann/Pagid kit from FCP and it was $264 with tax and shipping, so I am happy with that.

gsxr likes this.
  2. gsxr

gsxr Full Access Member

Forgot to mention that FCP Euro "lifetime warranty" is amazing. I don't know how they can do it, but it includes consumables like brake rotors, pads, and even engine oil & filters. (!!) For anyone who burns through brakes, this might be worthwhile in the long run, and will apply to OE/Genuine parts purchased through them as well.

Link to details, see the FAQ:
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee

Disclaimer: I've purchased parts from them, but have not personally used the warranty - yet. Others have reported good success. Note that for fluids, the cost of return shipping may not make it worth the hassle.

:albertein

3. Quijote

Quijote Full Access Member

4. Quijote

Zimmerman and Pagid are very good brands. I've used them on previous BMW and Mercedes. I believe they are, or at least were at times, OEM for those German car companies.

gsxr likes this.
  5. BBLR3

BBLR3 Active Member

6. Graeham B

Graeham B Member

Also, I should probably mention that I am a bit of a spirited driver and live in the middle of a congested city and don’t go more than a few hundred feet before hitting red lights, so I probably think that has to deal with my premature (18k miles) death of the current LR pads and rotor).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Quijote

That would do it. I do take it easy on my LR4 except for rare situations. I go fast with other cars. The LR4 is my chill vehicle. But every once in a while, when it is very warmed up, I do give it an Italian tune-up.

cperez likes this.
  8. ktm525

ktm525 Full Access Member

Absolutely. The LR4 is what do they say? Husky. lol

9. LR4inAZ

LR4inAZ Active Member

I use EBC green stuff pads every time - sensors sometimes break anytime you are working around the rotors - I buy them off Amazon and they work well. I keep spare for front and back. 2011 on 4th set of Pads. 2nd set of rotors.

I think brake pad costs are around $200 well under costs from dealers.

Fuji4 likes this.