2016 brush guards, rack and ladder - please identify

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
It looks like a Frontrunner rack and ladder.

As far as the front and rear light guards, there's nothing wrong with plastic guards. It might not look as stout, but it'll still give you some protection from light impact from bushes.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How so? Bushes won't damage the uncovered lights and the "guard" will simply concentrate the force on the headlight lens if you hit an unyielding branch. They are for show only.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How so? Bushes won't damage the uncovered lights and the "guard" will simply concentrate the force on the headlight lens if you hit an unyielding branch. They are for show only.

Yeah, gotta agree here. I'd be afraid the plastic would break on an unyielding branch and then bend right back into the fender for a nice dent. These are show pieces, and not very good ones at that. Always amazes me that people spend good money on their rig, then hang junk off it. It's like buying a $2mm home and getting your furniture from a salvation army thrift store.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I'll agree with y'all on the plastic light guards, which is why I haven't got them. Was on the fence about for over 5 years, but realized that I really don't have a need for it.

I regurgitated what some sales guy told me.

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be afraid the plastic would break on an unyielding branch
Disregarding the decorative snorkel, I think the real concern in the case of this rig is shopping carts?- it can be a veritable 'jungle' in the parking lot at 'Whole Foods Market'...right? LOL. Seriously, that is one 'clean' 16 Silver Edition. Heck w duplicating the set up, make an offer on it!

Ladric

Reaction score
Any advice on a bull/push bar? It seems the stock is not available for 2011 but maybe I asked for the wrong part number (VUB501270)
The only one I can find is the Go Rhine even when their site does not list one for 2011 LR4.
Replacing the bumper seems overkill as I assume I would need to rewire lights and sensors and I guess there is something for the airbags?

I did see a chap on Instagram who had a Toyota Tundra push bar on his LR4
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDUOt_csLxE/

Last edited:

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. Parked in front of the Whole Foods. Total poser. That think hasn't seen a gravel driveway, much less a need for light guards or half a snorkel.

I strongly wish someone with some 3d printing skills (sadly, I have none) would do a run of mirror image snorkels for us in the USA. It would look a little goofy with two on the truck, but having puckered my butt on more than one occasion when I failed to keep a good bow wave going, I would add them to the rig.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless traversing 1000s of miles at a time in the Sahara desert snorkels on a gasoline powered rig are the top poser item one can bolt to their ride. Of course you free to like them.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless traversing 1000s of miles at a time in the Sahara desert snorkels on a gasoline powered rig are the top poser item one can bolt to their ride. Of course you free to like them.

A true and dedicated poser would take the time to spray paint a replica of a muddy high water mark on the snorkel. Or do the same with red sandy “dust” around the upper leading edge of the snorkel.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM