2016 LR4 - Genuine Trailer Harness help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello All,
Adding trailer wiring harness and stuck on the rear bumper area. Looks like I have to remove the rear bumper cover as something is in the way of the harness connector mounting plate. Can anyone confirm that is the path to take? The instructions do not seem correct as it is not listed, at least not for MY16. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

I do not have access to area in 17, 18, 19. Something is in the way even if I could get down to it.

1644771700911.png

1644771749078.png

1644771762817.png

theegovernor

Reaction score
Dont the 3 connectors connect to the factory ones inside of the interior on the right side? and then the single connector going out to the 7 way plug?

LVDaytripper

Reaction score
Just a stupid question on my part, have you pulled the rear recovery point cover to see if you already have a trailer wiring kit installed from factory? reason I asked is because in my eagerness to add a trailer wiring harness on mine, I pulled a stupid move and neglected to pull the cover off to see if I already had one installed so when my new part came, I pull the cover off and WALLAH! there was one installed already.

Reaction score
I did, I found one of my issues. I ordered the EU version, so the while I assumed they were the same, and that I could just adapt to my trailer, the NAS LR4 might have something in bumper area that the EU versions did not.

lrovy

Reaction score
I did install EU wiring recently on LR4 (NAS) - am in EU. From physical installation side, didn't have any issue. With that said, I didn't get friendly with how rear fog lights behave. Once CCF updated using IID tool, when anything connected to trailer socket, car fog lights were coming on, but not the trailer one, just contrary to what it should be. When nothing connected to the trailer socket, car fog lights were not coming on - just opposite to what it should be.

Since I didn't need the trailer and given lack of trailer to test with (had option to test it at MOT place only) gave up and left it to get it fixed one summer comes.

Reaction score
Yes, almost exactly the same. Different hitch plug, and 3 connector coming though lamp hole. Plastic piece in lower right is my issue. The location they want me to mount it is inaccessible.

LVDaytripper

Reaction score
I believe, by looking at your photos, that piece is just the bracket to hold the plugs in place. If you don't mind just tucking the plugs in between the body and bumper cover, you should be able to finish the install. Your plug should have the standard 7 way connector or the 4 way plug for u-haul trailers.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
You don't have to pull the bumper cover off. Just drop the wires straight down and plug in the routed trailer plug coming in from the tow cover. They connect at the corner of that bumper and has plastic fasteners to secure it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA