3 weeks in the wifes new LR4 and lifes been grand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in and day my wife and I are enjoying our 2010 LR4 LUX (Black / Black) very much. It's her's, but I try to drive it when ever I can (although she's not crazy about me finding reasons to "run to the store" for very little reason)! It's getting 16.1 MPG as an overall average. That's been mostly in town and a little highway driving. Still about .6 MPG better then our 2007 BMW X5 3.0 (considering that - that beast is a doooooog, I think that's a pretty good MPG for the overall vehicle weight and HP ratio)! Will be taking a 240 miles trip in a few weeks, will reset the tripometer then to see how she does when her legs are stretched.

Can't tell you how much I prefer the LR4 to the X5. Have not been off road yet, but even so, it's twice the vehicle our X5 was. Not quite as poised in twisty driving, but just about ever other element has been sublime! There's a few quibbles, like the "always going to the wrong Sirius station every time we start it up, to the doors not all unlocking when place into park (the drivers door does, just not the rest of them), and we are still getting used to the key fob, lock - unlock scenario's you have to go through when getting into and out of the vehicle. Nothing we won't get used to, or hopefully that won't get fixed via software updates in the future. So far...............very HAPPY! Not one single problem and we now have almost 2k miles on her. Not that I was expecting any issues, it's just that we see so many issues being posted from time to time on the forums that it makes pause for some psychologically self induced concerns that are perhaps, not warranted!

Cheers everyone!

Joe

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have issues with closing doors? I have hard time closing doors... not locking but physically swing doors to close. Rear top hatch is so ***** to pull down and close. rear doors are also hard to close, usually requiring couple tries. We are also having more issues because we are used to Lexus and Toyotas where doors are practically closing by it self with little or no afford at all. This plus lack of cooled/ventilated perforated seat and lack of POIs in navigation are only beefs I have with LR4. Otherwise I love it.

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually liked that about the LR4 when we test drove....

the vehicle! I remember asking why the doors were so heavy and why they required a bit of extra push to close, and the response I got from the dealer was, "it's because the doors are triple sealed (essentially water proofing them). Kind of made sense to me seeing that you can drive through a substantial amount of water and certainly would not want and leakage. In any event, it's not something that bothers me, but actually instills a bit of "confidence" know that the doors are heavy and require a bit effort to close. Also, it's kind of nice hearing the "thud" when when close. I have not really noticed that the back door was difficult to close, but then again my outgoing X5 was pretty much the same (meaning closing the back hatch).

Cheers,

Joe

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the same exact door problem....its not just you. I have to always make sure that the wife and kids actually shut the door

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. New pasangers to the truck never seem to get the door shut the first time. Imay start cracking the window for a minute until everyone is in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112