30k service 2010 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DennisL

Reaction score
Anyone got their service yet? Got one yesterday for $450+.
They come & ask about the 2 "engine" filters. They both needed replaced @ the tune of $120+ for both. Includes labor.
Naturally I asked which filters. The air intake filters was the answer. I told them no! I find this unbelievable. The extended service intervals of these vehicles and the most important filters are not a factory required change.
Has this happened to anyone else?

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Naturally I asked which filters. The air intake filters was the answer. I told them no! I find this unbelievable. The extended service intervals of these vehicles and the most important filters are not a factory required change.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Air intake filters need to be changed every ~15K, unless it is K&N - these need to be cleaned. It is really easy DIY.

ndrenfro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the note...i'm planning on taking mine in next week for the 30k service

Trinirover

Reaction score
I have to go in for my 15K service. The dealership I purchased the car from in New Jersey is quoting me $770 (Yikes), but the one in Long Island near my house is around $625. Anyone know of a better price in New York.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to go in for my 15K service. The dealership I purchased the car from in New Jersey is quoting me $770 (Yikes), but the one in Long Island near my house is around $625. Anyone know of a better price in New York.
Where in NJ do you go? and what does the $770 include?

Trinirover

Reaction score
Prestige LR in Paramas. $770 include, oil /filter change, inspection, something about examining back up camera (guy was rattling off several things on the phone), rear sensor inspection.... I'm a little new to this as the first service was free as was on my previous LR3 (leased).

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prestige LR in Paramas. $770 include, oil /filter change, inspection, something about examining back up camera (guy was rattling off several things on the phone), rear sensor inspection.... I'm a little new to this as the first service was free as was on my previous LR3 (leased).
that's where i go. and i am due for my 15k. yikes...

Trinirover

Reaction score
Yep, it's a little scary. LR of Manhattan quoted me in the $650 range and LR of LI in Glen Cove quoted me $625 plus you can print out a $15% off coupon from there website. Every little it counts these days. Good luck!!

DennisL

Reaction score
Wonder if you could have them email list of all items checked, replaced, or adjusted, including the line item charges for each?

Is it possible to decline the ones like: Light bulbs working or check tire air pressures. Give me a break!

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder if you could have them email list of all items checked, replaced, or adjusted, including the line item charges for each?

Is it possible to decline the ones like: Light bulbs working or check tire air pressures. Give me a break!

IF I had to take my car to the dealer for a service, all I would pay for are the stuff that say REPLACE. There is nothing to check there. It either works or not. If it does not - it is fixed by warranty... :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72