4X4 L and 4X4 H question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

siambxr

Wow didn't really know about it, but doing a flat track class that weekend ( training for SuperMoto ) but I guess I'll take a long trip down there when my rig is fully set up, I hear big Bear is a nice place to off road. Soon e-nuff when my rig is setup fully. I have to put the OME springs, offset tie rod, damper relocator and Q T diff guards this weekend. that should be a full days work.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more thing about lockers and Land Rovers:

Like Mike said, analyze your off-road frequency, difficulty level, and desire to push your vehicle. Even a stock Land Rover will do quite a bit of off-road trails that most 4-wheel drive vehicles won't because of the LR advanced 4X4 system. I took my stock 2000 LR to Moab and had no problems on all of the trails that I was running that weekend. This would not have been that case when I was in Moab again in May. We were running the 4+ Moab Rim trail, this is definitely NOT for a stock vehicle and lockers make a huge difference on this type of trail.

I am not saying don't get lockers, just determine if you are really going to use them (so as not to waste your money).

M

marc olivares

tmiller1 said:
. We were running the 4+ Moab Rim trail, this is definitely NOT for a stock vehicle and lockers make a huge difference on this type of trail.

I am not saying don't get lockers, just determine if you are really going to use them (so as not to waste your money).

troy, even trails like Moab Rim can be ran without the need for additional upgrades. i ran it in the fall in my buddies stock 95 disco, while he followed me in my disco. it's do-able but lockers make it easier and on those trails, experience can be your biggest friend. nothing helps more then getting out and using your disco off-highway.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off topic a little, but...

You ran Moab Rim in a stock Discovery? I must now bow down and worship the ground you walk on! Did he sustain any body damage?

I agree that it can be done without lockers, but Moab Rim is the type of trail where they make a huge difference - taking your time, picking the right line, and trusting your spotter make all the difference.

M

marc olivares

ok.......not totally stock,
it did have 245/75-16 tires on the stock alloys.

and no damage was had to any of the vehicles that ran with us "that" day.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo