95 Disco..Minor Repairs..I hope???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

First_Disco

Reaction score
HI All-

I have a 95 Disco I that i recently bought. Couple things, The truck putts along until about 60 mph. THen it's fine! I changed the plugs but thats it. Any recs would be helpful. Also, trans. shift hard into reverse and drive...may need flush and new fluid? I don't have my maintenece guide so I'm kinda at a loss. like i said, any info helps. I'm willing to put in some time and $$$$. Another thing is that the ABS come on and stays on sometime making brakes a scary situation. I knock the sensors in a bit that that seemed to work for a while...maybe something else is lose and rattling?? I would also like to grease everything but have no idea where to start??? Please HELP!!! I love this truck BEST4X4XFAR

First_Disco

Reaction score
sorry, this rig has 123,000 miles. I have no record of maintence on it! starting from scratch

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Starting from scratch, got to love that... first things first.

Champion plugs (cheap ones)
New wires
Lucas Cap and Rotor button
Change all the fluids (Oil, Transmission, Front and Rear Diffs, Transfer case)
Clean the MAF Sensor, the TPS and IAC
Clean the throttle body as best you can.
Check the batter terminals for corrosion as well as the fuse box
Change the fuel filter
Make sure you only use High grade fuel i.e. 91 octane or higher

ABS could be a dirty or bad sensor, you can pressure wash them and see if this helps, but the odds are they are bad. They are not cheap to replace and may not be the issue.

First_Disco

Reaction score
Thanks Joey

Ok, so I'm ordering all the parts through A.B. today? do you recommend going anywhere else for parts??? Again, with the ABS....you said to pressure wash them. Do I need to pull them out from behind the brake to do this....?? or just pressure wash the entire wheel, brake, etc.? Also, would you recommend just taking this badboy into like a "oil can henry's" to get the fluids changed? I'm worried they will not use the proper fluid, leading to more problems down the road. Do you know much about feedback from the stereo?? it's like I can hear the engine through my speakers...? Thanks for all your help Joey

KENN

First_Disco

Reaction score
Well after some forum posts and reading everyones else. I had finally given up and taken my 95 to the "local shop". I was terrified that this guy would mess things up even worse then they already were. Well, here is goes:

Stopped in and he said he just had the same year and model in "just the other day". I got a good chuckle out of that. He asked me how many cylinders I was running on....hooked my disco to some machine that read all that stuff. This machine was the size of a small bedroom. Sure enough he found the 2 of the 8 were not firing. After messing around with the plugs we realized the bone head who gapped them (myself) had it all wrong. Both had welded themselves together. plus I had fried 2 wires because of this. So, we made the changes and i have had no problems what so ever. the truck doesn't shake, idles fine, shifts smooth, sunroofs work perfectly. It's like being in a new car. I guess it just goes to show you that no matter what the problem is that you are having...Always start a the beginning. The smallest thing can effect this rig in many ways. Good Luck to all and I'm sure I will be back looking for advice when the next problem arises.

Kenn

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
glad to hear things are going better.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members