96 Hse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akareh

Reaction score
1- Since I bought the car I have been having to plug it to a trickle charger everynight to keep it running due to a drain in the electrical sys somewhere, just recently the charger doesnt seem to be doing the job anymore. I probably need to fix the drain. Any ideas?

2- the A/C blower sometimes respnds but doesn't respond most of the time, do I need to replace the fan or are there ways to check the switches or known problems in the system?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
A/C blower is more than likely the Fan level switch on the dash.

Electrical drain... take a multimeter and check voltage by removing the ground post and put the multimeter between the terminal and the battery. Then remove fuses until there is not power draw.... the you know what the issue is.

ikoinu

Reaction score
If it's your air coditioning that's intermittently cold, then you have to remove the washer behind the compressor pulley. If it's intermittent fans, then check the power wire on both the left and right side fans. Give it a little wiggle and see what happens. The connector tends to burn out and fail.

akareh

Reaction score
How would you recommend checking or fixing the fan level switch?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM