ABS Sensor Bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chasedrk1

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just splurged and purchased a clean but abused 01 Discovery. It has been owned by teenagers who obviously didn't take care of the mechanical side of things. I purchased all new brakes, rotors, springs, shocks and a ton of other parts irrelevant to my issue. I noticed they ABS plug is missing and a 2 wires are spliced together creating what I assume is a bypass... I can't find anything suggesting this is possible, nor what it will do to the hill descend or 4WD. has anyone come across this, can provide some insight?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I hope you mean the Brake wear indicator has been spliced together. ABS Plug spliced together would cause major issues.

Chasedrk1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I hope you mean the Brake wear indicator has been spliced together. ABS Plug spliced together would cause major issues. This is the rear passenger side. looks like the only things there are the ABS and brake line. ?

Attachments

• ABS.jpg
    ABS.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 81

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
That is the brake wear sensor wire. you will get no indicator when your brake pads are due with that wired together. Your call, but I would replace it, it may save you from buying a set of Rotors, assuming they don't warp before your pads need replacing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA