Access Mode at 55MPH?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this really possible? I was just curious, so I tried it. It said it was in it as you can see by the icon in the photo, but was it really? :confused:

IMG00010.jpg

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it's waiting for you to slow down so it can lower (the icon next to the button should flash while it "waits"), you can select access height at any speed but the car won't physically lower until you slow down to 12 mph or less.

I believe the system will wait one minute or so, then cancel the access height request if your speed remains above 12 mph. Sorry, no "low rider" look for you on the freeway. :wink:

Last edited:

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't flash or indicate that I need to slow down. It just says "Access height selected" and then turns the icon on. I didn't think it really was in Access mode though, b/c the ride didn't feel any different. BTW, are you sure it's not 13 MPH?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picky picky... 12.5 mph, everyone's happy. :biggrin: Both access mode icon and "bar" next to the height selector button on the center console flash on my RRS, and the normal mode icon stays lit steady while the car waits for me to slow down. I thought the behavior would be similar on a LR3, perhaps not.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya you can drive 55 in access height just make the height sensor rods longer :)

mrj115

Reaction score
I'm not intending to hijack this thread but how did you get the clock to appear in your command center?

Cheers,
Matt

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto, on the hijack clock question and on the flashing LED by the selector awaiting your slowing down.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the clock display option was added to the message center LCD starting on MY07+, no? Previous to that it was only on the head unit LCD (and would annoyingly disappear when you were on a phone call.)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4