Accessory bug - got my next accessory to install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Accessory bug - got my next accessory to install (Extended Roof Rails)

After plenty of research using this Forum and searching the Internets, I finally picked up my next Accessory to install: Extended Roof Rails.

Will let you know if I decide to DIY like I did my tail lamp guards or leave it to the LR service center to avoid potential glass roof issues.

Anyway, here she is..

Attachments

• extended roof rails.jpg
    extended roof rails.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up the extended roof rails also from my local dealer. I plan to install it myself this week hopefully.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Where did you purchase them? Did you DIY?
Got them from my local dealer who came very close to price matching an Internet price. I have not had a chance to DIY yet, I need to go buy a 19mm hole saw.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should get rails, cross bars and ski carrier tomorrow and I'll install myself too. I'll take and post pictures.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Rhino short rails and cross bars for the RRS and installed in about an hour. Easy job and they work great.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, I procrastinated on this but got it installed over the holiday week. Very easy except for the part where you have to use a 19mm circular hole saw to cut into the trim. Also, I was not afraid of the glass while installing - it was not a factor for me.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too installed the long rails over the holidays. Why anyone would pay the dealership to install these is beyond comprehension. I was quoted 4 hrs of labor for the job and it took me about an hour. I would be able to do it quicker if I ever had to do it again. The video earlier in this thread is great. Stuff like those videos and this forum give me a little confidence boost when doing work the truck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM