Adding more Lift to the Discovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98GRDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wuz up yall got some quick questions

First Question: I have 2" lift block under my coil spring base thanks to www.roversnorth.com and now I am looking to put some HD coil springs on 2" or 3" taller then stock. Would I need to replace my brake lines with stainless steel braded lines 2" longer then stock or should the stock be fine?

Second Question: As stated from the first question "I have 2" lift blocks" currently should i get the 2" taller or 3" taller Big Blue coil springs from www.dap-inc.com?

Third Question: With the addition of these coil springs should I replace my Steering damper with a HD one or shold my stock steering damper be fine?

I plan to get the Pro-Comp ES9000 shocks 2" taller shocks from www.dap-inc.com and I currently have the 2" lower shock mounts rear from www.ExpeditionExchange.com.

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lifts

Adding more Lift to the Discovery

Wuz up yall got some quick questions

First Question: I have 2" lift block under my coil spring base thanks to www.roversnorth.com and now I am looking to put some HD coil springs on 2" or 3" taller then stock. Would I need to replace my brake lines with stainless steel braded lines 2" longer then stock or should the stock be fine?

Second Question: As stated from the first question "I have 2" lift blocks" currently should i get the 2" taller or 3" taller Big Blue coil springs from www.dap-inc.com?

Third Question: With the addition of these coil springs should I replace my Steering damper with a HD one or shold my stock steering damper be fine?

I plan to get the Pro-Comp ES9000 shocks 2" taller shocks from www.dap-inc.com and I currently have the 2" lower shock mounts rear from www.ExpeditionExchange.com.

How high you lift your vehicle is entirely up to you, and what you want. When raising a vehicle’s center of gravity, you gain ground clearance, but loose in side hilling and breaking on the street. Wheel pull with larger tires is very common. Brake lines is just one of the necessary items to be modified, steering arms, brake lines, driveshaft length and the angle that the driveshaft leaves the transfer case needs to match the angle going into the axle, your driveline angles. This will require you to cut off the spring perches and re-weld them on at the new angle, as well as the radius arms. You can get away without all this expensive alterations with a 2” lift, but when your talking about a total of 5” the 2” blocks and the 2”-3” springs, more modifications may be necessary. This of coarse is not to mention speedometer and wheel sensor modifications that are needed to abs and other systems to work correctly.

Good luck and be safe………… Chongo
:bandit:

Last edited:

98GRDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After more research I have decided not to pu the spring on it would be to costly so now i will be focusing on other accessories.

Last edited:

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you finally get around to lifting your Disco - I would not go above 2" - the trade-off just gets too much after that point. Check-out some of the Brit sites too - they all seem to say 2" lift is ok - but after that the problems and alterations start compounding exponentially! Atlantic British has all manner of gear available (including extended brake lines) to safely place your Disco 2" higher; so, when your are ready - go with what works best! Basically - ditto to everything Chongo has already told you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge