Advice on peeling dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok:

1) ***** at dealer
2) replace with standard dash
3 have aftermarket upholstery look at it and see what they say

Probably 2 or 3 are your best bets. I would lean towards #3.

Mari Gianati

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok:

1) ***** at dealer
2) replace with standard dash
3 have aftermarket upholstery look at it and see what they say

Probably 2 or 3 are your best bets. I would lean towards #3.

I am doing #1. If this happens again will be forced to do #2. I made the mistake of getting emotionally invested with my car but if I want to keep it (on the fence on a Defender 2021; if they ever make it to US market) will have to go #3. I looked on the websites suggested on earlier posts (very helpful) and they don’t have the one for my specific Landmark edition. Will have to order in the UK.

Kbutler1

Reaction score
Reviving a dead thread, sorry.
I have this issue as well on my 2014.
Dealership wants $4k to replace. I had conversations with LR USA for months trying to get them to pay for it and all they did was offer a discount on the part.
I talked to an independent auto upholstery shop and they didn't want to touch it given liability for messing up the passenger side air bag deployment.

Last edited:

Mari Gianati

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dealership changed the whole leather dashboard under warranty. After reading other posts with this very same problem, I’ve been very religious about covering the area with a visor I bought at Land Rover online shop. Looking new still. The LUX package has the front extension made of real and quite delicate leather unlike the other models (they might look like leather but they are not, as some have pointed out). If it peels off ever again, I will replace it with faux leather and not the real thing as it will keep getting damaged by the Sun. I don’t think it’s worth the expense. Mine started to peel quite rapidly; still under original warranty. Both times. They won’t cover a third.

lvl112

Reaction score
Reviving a dead thread, sorry.
I have this issue as well on my 2014.
Dealership wants $4k to replace. I had conversations with LR USA for months trying to get them to pay for it and all they did was offer a discount on the part.
I talked to an independent auto upholstery shop and they didn't want to touch it given liability for messing up the passenger side air bag deployment.
Seems like it's a trend, same thing is happening to my landmark '16. Trying to figure out the next steps to remedy.

Mari Gianati

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im so sorry. Ugh! I hated the way it looked from the outside. All raggedy. It’s not meant for warmer climates; it seems.

Kbutler1

Reaction score
Yeah, I actually am in the process of selling my LR4 but if I was keeping it, I'd replace with the non-leather option to avoid future occurrences.

Mari Gianati

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is yours a 2016 too? Looks just like mine.I wonder if it’s a warm climate issue. Do you keep your car in hot weather?

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone I know in Denver has the same problem on their 2016. And Denver isn’t exactly hitting Phoenix temps. Maybe leather drying out and shrinking if it’s not kept moisturized?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA