Aftermarket Rims - 20 / 22"ers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ByGuile

Reaction score
OK ***?
To each his own I guess, but I do not understand this fascination with big-ass low pro tires and wheels on a 4X4.
Would you put 35" mudders on a corvette?
At least the silver lining here is that with you guys buying the 22" BLING I get to buy your stock wheels for a song and use them for my snow tires. Putting them on today!

I should get another set for some off road tires.......

Blimms

Reaction score
Last time I checked ................. 4X4 meant that all 4 wheels drive, not "the suv can only travel in rocks and dirt". If off-roading is your thing then that's fine. I left the playing in dirt back in pre-school. I use my Rover for people hauling and just in case the weather gets messy, I can select the terrain to transverse. People usually have to seek off-roading, the road is right in front of your house. I drive "on the road", thus I have road tires (nice wheels and tires at that).
Bling is commonly referred to "chrome" wheels - shiny. I did not see any chrome wheels in this post.

But like you said .............. to each their own.

Coop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blimms - do you mind posting the pics of your LR4 again? I had a set of 20" Vossen VVS83's on my LR4 but after two sets of rims "clicking" the shop swapped them out for me with a set of 20" Redbourne Marques. I think that I prefer the Redbournes on mine. I will snap a couple of shots of mine and post later. Thanks.

Coop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR4 w/ 20" Redbourne Marques

Attachments

• LR4_2_Pic.jpg
    LR4_2_Pic.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 95

NickLR4

Reaction score
Rob,

For that price, they better be light forged wheels. You need to call and ask how heavy with and without chrome, material, and construction, i.e. low spun, pressed, forged, etc. If they are just alloy wheels, then you're paying too much money. There's no way I was going to spend $4k for wheels, b/c if you hit a big enough ***-hole, then they all bend the same way, cheap or not. However, I did want a forged wheel without paying an arm and leg. Forged wheels ensures it will hold the LR4's heavy weight along with 7 passangers which can well go over 1000+ lbs on top of 5800 lbs. Plus the lighter the wheel, the less weight and impact force on tires and suspensions when you do hit a ***-hole...which can make a difference between getting a bubble in your tire or not.

Looks aren't everything, and strength and weight are if not more, equally important. Most aftermarket wheels for the LR4 will be in the 30 lb weight category. That's average weight. Most good 275/45R-20 tires weigh 34-35 lbs. Some brands are 41 lbs, but that's too heavy of a tire. The stock LR4 255/55R-19 weigh about 36 lbs. So you should stay the same or see if you can shave another 1-3 lbs off from that. At the end, you'll save gas, and have day/night difference in acceleration and handling. I speak from experience. You'll be pleased!

V/r,
Chris

Great post.:beer: totally agreed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM