air con problems? wet carpet??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

mlawso16

hi need some advice. my air con system didnt work so ive had it cleaned and refilled about 2 months ago i have noticed that the passanger carpet is now getting very wet it appears thou water is coming out of the bottom of the blower hose ie condensation??? type of thing. is this meant to happen and where should it drain? or any ideas what wrong its a 1997 p38 model if this helps

E

edh206

Re: Air con problems

There is a little rubber drain just to the side of the transmission housing on the underside of the vehicle. (Actually there are two, one on pass side and one on driver side) The exact same thing happened to me...Find a really long screwdriver of piece of a wire coathanger and crawl underneith your car. Poke it up inside the drain and swirl it around a bit to try to free any gunk that is cloging it. Don't lay right underneith it as it like I did or it will take a big leak right on your head. This link has a descent picture of exactly what you're going to look for.

http://rangerovers.net/newrremedies.htm#waterfoot

M

mlawso16

Excellent that sorted it. no more wet carpet and yes i got wet!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635