All new Discovery coming next year - Reports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Consistent with what I have heard and read from inside sources, it looks like 2014MY production of the LR4 will be a short one. An all-new Disco (LR5 in the US? Hopefully no more of those silly numbers...) is to be formally unveiled during the first half of 2014, possibly as early as next March at the Geneva Auto Show, with introduction of the production version expected at the Paris Auto Show in September.

The current Freelander/LR2 will be introduced shortly thereafter, also completely redesigned, as a "baby" Discovery (Discovery Evoque? LOL).

With the Range Rover lineup completely revamped in the past year (although a long wheelbase and an ultra-luxury Range Rover trim have both just been announced as well for the upcoming L.A. Auto Show), Land Rover is not wasting any time setting its sights on the rest of its models and complete the brand's overhaul. Only question mark remains the future of the Defender, here in the US as well as abroad.

http://www.egmcartech.com/2013/10/1...w-discovery-range-rover-getting-two-variants/

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/land-rover/discovery-4/66347/land-rover-discovery-family-set-grow

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be very interested to see how this all plays out and what these new models will look like in the coming year. It is nice to see Land Rover doing a lot of work and thinking ahead, but I am definitely glad to have a 2013 LR4/Discovery 4. While I think all of the new models will be interesting, I just would not want anything with the new design scheme. Of most interest to me is the status of the Defender - can't wait to see if something comes out indicating if it will come to the US. Also, what will that new Defender look like??? Thanks for the news! :)

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am eager to see it also. Hopefully it will shed 600-800lbs and make the SCV6 more appealing. I am not planning on changing out my LR4 for MANY years, but I would still give all these LR products a few years before buying one new. Although the reliability of the new RR would be a reasonable indication of what to expect.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they don't screw it up, I will be getting an LR5...

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question. Now I'm on the fence. Was planning on the 2014 LR4....but was unsure of the SCV6 in such a heavy vehicle. But for the 'LR5’, if they change the styling big time or the off road capability (The 2 speed transfer box will be an option in 2014.....), I may be sorry about missing the last of the LR4s. And......I'm never crazy about getting the first issue of a redesign.....

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New baby Discovery will be unveiled in 2014, full size Discovery (LR5) won't be out until 2017 (possibly unveiled in 2016).

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jjvd21: That conflicts with the info in the article that Umbertb is referencing. Where are you getting your info, pls? Thx.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo