All-Terrain Tires. Let's have a conversation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having a set of these put on today. I will post pics and keep everyone informed.
Bigs, I agree these would be too big for stock rods. I run the rod mod full time w/bfg's.
The Kelly's are only 3/10 of an inch bigger than the bfg's. Will be keeping old tires though,
Just in case I have issues with the bigger size.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And they should be way cheaper i suspect... the grabbers compared to the mt-rs

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having a set of these put on today. I will post pics and keep everyone informed.
Bigs, I agree these would be too big for stock rods. I run the rod mod full time w/bfg's.
The Kelly's are only 3/10 of an inch bigger than the bfg's. Will be keeping old tires though,
Just in case I have issues with the bigger size.

Man you are going to make me even more jealous with your set up now :beer:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duckdive, curious...what made you choose those over the Duratracs or MT/Rs in the same size?

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
276 65 18 silent armour. love these so far.

Attachments

• elpaso3 (150 x 100).jpg
    elpaso3 (150 x 100).jpg
    8 KB · Views: 243

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duckdive, curious...what made you choose those over the Duratracs or MT/Rs in the same size?

I liked the tread pattern better on the kelly's vs. the dura-trac. They are essentially the same tire under different names. I think Kelly makes tires for Goodyear or vise versa.
Wasn't ready to fork out the $$ for the MT/Rs yet, maybe next time.

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way late to the party here... been out exploring the White Mountains here in AZ!

I ended up buying the Zeons and have been very happy with them, but take that with a small grain of salt because they are the first set of AT's I've had on the LR3. I have spent quite a bit of time with other tires on other offroad vehicles though. Dollars aside I would have chosen the BFG's, in part due to past positive experience and also because of the ability to use snow chains. It's hard to pass up a tire that is almost half the price & probably 95% as good!

Rubbing - Very minimal. And mostly inconsequential in my opinion. Ill attach some photos.

Relocate wiring - See photo. It's easy

I don't normally run the rod mod & when I do, it's just the front to level the truck out.

Speaking of the rod mod - it only lifts the vehicles ride height, it does not limit the amount of compression travel. If the tire rubs at stock height it's going to rub with the rod mod... at least it will if you use it offroad. My suggestion is to be certain any tire you choose will not cause damage at full compression.

Attachments

• IMG_0620.jpg
    IMG_0620.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 205

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick follow-up. Decided to go for the Yok's. Will give a review of them after a couple trail runs.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the rod mod - it only lifts the vehicles ride height, it does not limit the amount of compression travel. If the tire rubs at stock height it's going to rub with the rod mod... at least it will if you use it offroad. My suggestion is to be certain any tire you choose will not cause damage at full compression.

To add to this, this is why I bought the BFG's. suspension failures are rather uncommon but I wanted a I tire I knew I could still drive out on if I were resting on the bump stops. And unfortunately I have proved they do indeed clear at the bump stops!!

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow up pics of the TSR's

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member