Another Defender hint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DashRiprock

Reaction score
2020 Defender Vs 2006 LR3
Offroad Test
The Fast Lane Car Channel - youtube

If you can't stand the suspense, skip to last 2 minutes.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, that's what happens when you try to recreate the Top Gear UK mystique, but you only have a $500 budget. Oh well, always good to see any Land Rovers in the dirt. Can't really say I learned anything new, other than those two guys happen to be father and son. And of course, the LR3 is not a unibody.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the Expedition Portal:

E7F3753C-6E93-492D-91BE-E18CA081661A.jpeg

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is scheduled to be manufactured September 4th. I was originally curious as to if it would be a 20 or 21 year model as most manufacturers label any vehicle built after August as the upcoming year model. After reading the updates posted it looks like they will continue to build 20 year model vehicles for a few more months. 2 things came to my mind from these updates as someone who is impatiently waiting for my car to be built and shipped. 1. I would hate to lose the camera system and 2. My chosen color is being discontinued (Indus Silver).

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m a bit confused, does that mean that the 360° surround camera is being removed all together or will you still get the option to have it installed?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently the surround camera system becomes an extra cost option after MY20, along with other "360° camera linked features" that are currently standard on 2020s (although that statement is a bit of a head scratcher itself... I can understand 360 parking aid and Wade sensing being dependent on them, but how the heck are powerfold and dimming mirrors related to the surround cameras?)

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if the cameras will be standard on SE and HSE and options on Defender and S or it will be optional on all? There wasn't a lot of detail about it becoming a stand alone option. I can understand on a base Defender that has manual cloth seats and analog gauges that maybe the 360 camera system is probably not expected nor needed, but I would hope it stays as standard equipment on the upper trim models

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72