Another Defender hint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to admit, it looks better the more camo is removed.

I called it "the Dance of the Seven Veils, Rover Style" in an IG comment. My relief and admiration continues to grow. Unless they throw some imbecilic Rivian-type headlights on it, I won't have any complaints about styling. I believe they've done a nice job of showing its performance chops via the Moab and Africa campaigns so far. More and more I'm just yawning at the tedious complaints from people saying that it doesn't look exactly like an old Defender, and that God forbid, it may have power windows and seats but no solid axle.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I saw some online comment trying to make fun of these Tusk photos by stating something like, "Oh, look at me, driving through Africa, with my air conditioning and my bluetooth..." All I could think was, you better be certain this thing has air conditioning and bluetooth. Thinking otherwise is luddism to the point of absurdity.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks a little but Honda Element-ish, but I think I actually like this. And usually a new car has to be out for 2-3 years before I can stand it, so I'm assuming it'll grow on me. Needs to get rid of those 21" tires tho.

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/06/2...-itll-look-like-tech-everything-else-we-know/

22242-2020-land-rover-defender-carscoops-2-768x543.jpg

c1878-2020-land-rover-defender-carscoops-3-768x543.jpg

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trying to make fun of these Tusk photos by stating something like, "Oh, look at me, driving through Africa, with my air conditioning and my bluetooth..."

That kind of comment comes from the dude who shows up on a forum and in his first post, says that the D5 looks like a Ford Explorer, and thinks he's the first clever person to come up with that line.

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
Anyone else find it odd that the photographer is in the pictures?

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a dedicated photographer - would hate to get some flesh eating bacteria sitting in that water!

Look closely at the antenna fin and let your eye drift down just a bit to the curve of the roofline. I can imagine an alpine window and there's even a curve in the camo graphics right where it would go...

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are the most LR4 looking images I've seen. At least they look like they are kissing cousins. Has anyone heard a peep about whether the 2 door will have a removable top?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72