Another Defender hint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there is a snorkel clearly visible on some of those Tusk photos that appeared late last night.

There's also these videos from the same shoot.

">

">

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me, these are the burning questions I have at this point.

1. Cost, which also coincides with options. Will this thing have to be kitted out with everything, or can you get all the off-road options without also having to get a bunch of stuff I don't want.

2. Wheels. I'm just assuming 18" wheels will fit, just like they can on the D5, but it would be really neat if they came with them. At this point, though, I would think that these Tusk vehicles would have them, unless Land Rover is really trying to make people think they aren't necessary.

3. The front end. What's it going to look like? And can you stick a proper off-road bumper on it (like an ARB) without having to sawzall the body like you do on most other newer off-road vehicles.

4. Windows. More just an aesthetic thing at this point, and it appears more and more clear as time goes on where the windows are. But I'd like to just see what the window situation is on these, and what the visibility is behind the driver seat. Is it a commandeering veiwpoint, like the LR4 (and previous discoveries?) Or are you sitting in a bathtub like almost all the other SUVs?

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3. The front end. What's it going to look like?

You can just see a portion of a round arc under the camo on the front lamps. I actually think the slot look of the masked headlamps is a cool look but that's unlikely.

And please don't let that little Prius-looking dash-mounted shifter from the DC100 carry over. Please.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And please don't let that little Prius-looking dash-mounted shifter from the DC100 carry over. Please.

I would imagine it will have the same shifter all the new ones are shifting to (no pun intended):

RR_EVQ_20MY_Interior_S44_221118_08.jpg

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is looking better than I thought it would and I appreciate reading all of you guys’ comments and interprétation.

It still looks a tad like that retro Chrysler of some years ago-the one that looked a little like an old-timey potato chip van.

I’ve gotten real spoiled with the command view that the LR4 affords and I hope this will be the same.

In the meantime....I still hate my nearest dealership!

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look closely at the antenna fin and let your eye drift down just a bit to the curve of the roofline. I can imagine an alpine window and there's even a curve in the camo graphics right where it would go...

Good catch. No question that’s an alpine window

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to ID the tires they're running in Africa? I haven't looked closely at that yet in the shots we've seen.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72