Another Defender hint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's going to be an oddly-shaped hood that fits down over that.

Yes it is oddly shaped - if you look at the any spy shots without the hood "cover" on it, the real hood does a double curve - there is a very small curve at the top of the headlight in addition to the obvious one in the photo above.

That definately looks like a photo from the R&D center, or whichever place they built the test mules. Those with photos will probably (hopefully) feel emboldened to reveal their images now that other leaks have started the flow of info.

This is the first shot with the true shape of the headlights (and the side vent)- not as modern looking as I thought they would be - I like them rather plain like this. Interesting effect taking the windscreen black through the A-Pillar into the side-view mirrors. I'll have to see some color variations on the body to see how I like that...

LR is definately going to up-charge us for a "color matched" roof.

Last edited:

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Liking the simplicity in the head lamp and its surrounding area, will give them a bit more time relatively speaking before start looking dated.

But the absence of real bumper is a bummer. The fender runs all the way to the front, prone to dings etc without having any protection up front.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By "original Defender," do you mean a Series I Land Rover, or do you meant the "Defender" that was imported into the U.S. in 94, 95, and 97?

If it's the latter, that Defender was an evolution of the Series III, which was an evolution of the Series II, which was an evolution of the Series I. They weren't ever called the "Defender" until the most recent iteration.

History lesson: once upon a time, it was just "Land Rover." When the Range Rover came out in the early 70's, it was Land Rover and Range Rover. It wasn't until the Discovery came out in the late 80's that Land Rover decided to name the evolution of the original concept the "Defender."

Yes, by orig I mean the first one, didn't know that it was called series I, and then II and III, so thank you for that information.

And the evolution of series I to II to III and then to Defender as you point out makes the point that I was trying to make. They all were evolutions of their earlier model and weren't trying to mimic or be anything else for heritage' sake, but only evolve. And thats why from the original to the last one they all hold their visual beauty to this day.

Last edited:

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think this is anything close to what we're going to see in the coming weeks. Not sure what makes me feel that way but this thing just doesn't look right.

BikePilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics or it didn't happen haha
Here's one of them
36f24ac188a1f2a9f44daf7e4831075b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members