Another potential owner with questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zznalg

Reaction score
So, I drove the LR4 yesterday and came away unbelievably impressed with the vehicle. I agree with you all that the LR4 is fantastic at high speeds. At 100 mph, it feels the same as at 80 mph. The motor, handling, interior, exterior and overall solidity are phenomenal.

Most unfortunately for me, the driver's seat and my sensitive back did not get along. Even though objectively the seat is great, I grew increasingly uncomfortable during the 30 minute drive. I've had this problem in quite a few vehicles and it is a bummer. For comparison's sake, a 2009 Range Rover Sport's seat felt worse and a 2013 Evoque's seat was a good fit for me. I'm going to hold off on any purchase for the moment. Thanks for all your comments!

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I drove the LR4 yesterday and came away unbelievably impressed with the vehicle. I agree with you all that the LR4 is fantastic at high speeds. At 100 mph, it feels the same as at 80 mph. The motor, handling, interior, exterior and overall solidity are phenomenal.

Most unfortunately for me, the driver's seat and my sensitive back did not get along. Even though objectively the seat is great, I grew increasingly uncomfortable during the 30 minute drive. I've had this problem in quite a few vehicles and it is a bummer. For comparison's sake, a 2009 Range Rover Sport's seat felt worse and a 2013 Evoque's seat was a good fit for me. I'm going to hold off on any purchase for the moment. Thanks for all your comments!

Was this the HSE or the HSE Lux? The seats are different so you should at least try both.

My next LR4 will be Lux... I gotta get all that soft leather under my hide.

sparrky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you think the LR4 seats are bad, my 2013 X5 is like sitting on a park bench, MB E350 too. To me, the Lr4 has been good on the road trips I've taken so far.

Good luck in your search.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, the Lux seats are a lot better. Both my wife and I agree, and she generally prefers much different seats.

The adjustable lumbar and bolsters and VERY nice on the lux seats.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, the Lux seats are a lot better. Both my wife and I agree, and she generally prefers much different seats.

The adjustable lumbar and bolsters and VERY nice on the lux seats.

Considering everything you can do with the Lux seats I'm sure a setting would help our chap.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was this the HSE or the HSE Lux? The seats are different so you should at least try both.

My next LR4 will be Lux... I gotta get all that soft leather under my hide.

The LUX seats are like sitting in a soft leather recliner as the premium leather makes a big difference compared to the HSE and Base. I have started asking for lux lr4 loaners when I take my truck in since noticing the difference.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...I have started asking for lux lr4 loaners when I take my truck in since noticing the difference.

That is so cool that your dealer does not put you in P.O.S. rental cars like mine does.

Seriously, I'm still in my LR3, but I probably would have upgraded to an LR4 two years ago if I liked my dealer... (this is what happens with a good LR dealership gets bought by a Jaguar/Lincoln/Mercury dealership and is never required to put in the LR branding, test drive track or offer any off-road specific courses. They just happen to have LRs in the show room..and a ****** attitude. Manhattan Jaguar in Bethesda, MD...I'm talking about YOU.)

Sorry for that rant. :)

ON TOPIC, I'll say that wind does not push around this big heavy SUV very much. Prior SUVs I've owned or driven get knocked around a lot more. This tank just keeps rolling.

zznalg

Reaction score
This is so encouraging. Thank you for the advice about the lux seats. I would never have known am excited to test them. Sorry for the delay in responding but I'm on vacation now. I'll report back when I can find a test drive. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635