Another tire/wheel thread: 19" vs 18"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jazzy

Reaction score
Yes, Lucky8 has the spacers as well. All in all, 5 wheels and 4 spacers were still half the price of compomotives.

DugLR4

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 3.19.53 PM.png
does anyone know if this wheel fits with no problems? I got this from discount tires. has anyone bought them? I once saw an LR4 with XD 18 in wheels but not sure if any modifications were made.

Fozzy325

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming back to this thanks for the information. I found the following wheels

I just want to know the offset for Land Rover LR4 2016 +53 but on here it shows +38. is this going to matter?

https://imgur.com/XxUNnPy

XxUNnPy.png

4fgBMJj.png

Last edited:

Fozzy325

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 8398 I have a 2012 LR4 and I've had both 19" and 18" wheels. Most of my driving is highway, but I hit the trails 1-2 weekends per month.

I had the Cooper Zeon LTZ 255/55/19 tires for 1.5 years and they were great. However, when airing down there is practically NO sidewall and my tire separated from the wheel on two occasions on trails. A rock sliced right through my sidewall on the White Rim Trail in Moab 3 months back.

After the Moab trip, I ordered 18" wheels from Lucky8 specifically for LR4s to fit over the larger calipers. Currently I'm driving with BFG KO2's 275/65r18. There is so much more sidewall...it is a noticeable difference on the trails when aired down as far as handling due to the much wider footprint as well. I absolutely love the look and handling.

A few notes: I have a lift and had to modify to fit. I've heard 265/65r18s don't require mod-ing your vehicle.

Can I get feed back on these rims? I found them on the lucky8 site. I'm going to have to come to states to get them as they don;t post to Canada

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming the same width (8.0) for the 2 wheels you are comparing, ET38 would stick out 15mm more than ET53... which could be a problem.

o_O

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my 5 Compo's from the U.K. Have not yet mounted BFG KO 2's as planned. Without doubt they
are the BEST alloy rims I have ever seen or owned. Superb manufacturing & finish. They look incredibly strong & look vastly better than the OE 19"'s on my mid-2014 Disco 4.
There was no way I was going to even consider using spacers. Don't compromise. I know of lots of guys with problems who tried to save a few bucks with wheels etc on their Disco's, rubbing, compromised articulation etc.
Yesterday I finally got a Kaymar steel rear bar with single swing-away wheel carrier fitted at the Kaymar
factory in Melbourne. Wow, what a beautiful piece of gear. Expensive but you get what you pay for. All the plastic from the rear has now gone replaced by solid Aussie steel. No plastic front or rear now - happy!
Now I've got the space under the back
to fit the Brown Davis 100 lt aux. fuel tank. That's on for next week.
Terrafirma rock sliders, compressor guard & Safari snorkel will follow early in the new year.

Fozzy325

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my 5 Compo's from the U.K. Have not yet mounted BFG KO 2's as planned. Without doubt they
are the BEST alloy rims I have ever seen or owned..
I’ve looked for compo but I can’t find them. What are make and model number of the wheels you ordered

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The full name is Compomotive. A search will turn up all the info you need.

Fozzy325

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found them on johnsonrods.com
IMG_0132.jpg
IMG_0133.jpg
IMG_0134.jpg
IMG_0135.jpg
IMG_0136.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts