Any confirmation that there will be a 17 LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMC08

Reaction score
We recently had our Range Rover Sport in for service and were provided a new 16 LR4 as our loaner. We have always loved the LR4 and considered purchsing one. I feel as if this is the last of the greatest, authentic Land Rovers and I am starting to feel the pressure to make a decision soon, before the LR4 is replaced by the new bubbly, generic Discovery that we have seen in spy photos. I feel as if the Discovery is loosing all of the wonderful, special features and styling cues as on the current LR4, past LR3 and past Discovery.

Is anyone here aware as to whether or not Land Rover has provided a date as to when dealers may start placing orders for 2017 LR4's or when the last order placement for 2016 LR4's will be? I am hoping that Land Rover will continue to build the current LR4 into next year, but I am looking for more concrete information about when the changeover will occur so that we can plan accordingly.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

McKinneyBB

Reaction score
I am afraid this ship has sailed on ordering for 2016, and there will not be a 17 based on information from two dealers. They did a 16.5 Silver and Landmark Editions which they have been selling for some time now.

Both dealers that I spoke with said they were limited to the stock they had and what was already slated for build in their pipeline.

My suggestion would be to find one you like on a lot somewhere.

Sorry to post bad news for you.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover has consistently been keeping about 1800 LR4's in stock in the US (if that is where you are). You can just look on cars.com at all LR4's in "all miles" from your zip code and see the total. It acutally just went over 1900 today, so a boat must have arrived recently.

Once you see that number getting below 1000 or so I would say you better move fast as they have been selling 800-1000 per month across the US. As mentioned above, you cannot custom order a new LR4 anymore, but I suspect they will be cranking them out in all variants (base, Silver, and Landmark) for a while yet as model year 16.5's.

JMC08

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. That is a shame that they are not available to order any longer. I wonder what the current production end-date is set for. We are located in the US, and I actually just took a look at 16's listed on Autotrader.com. There were two that peeked my interest. I will check out Cars.com as well. This situation reminds me of the one my wife and I were in back in 2013. After the new body 14 Range Rover Sport was introduced, we decided it was time to pick up one of the last 13's before the new model started hitting lots. We ended up buying our 13 Range Rover Sport in June of that year, a good two months before the new body-style came out I believe. I may need to get my butt in gear if I wish to find an LR4 while supplies are fairly good. Land Rover has not provided any sort of ordering dates for the new replacement yet, have they?

On another note, if I have found a vehicle I like that is at a dealer on the West coast, and I live over on the East coast, will LR dealers do trades across the Nation, or just stick to local regions?

Last edited:

Smoothcab

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. That is a shame that they are not available to order any longer. I wonder what the current production end-date is set for. We are located in the US, and I actually just took a look at 16's listed on Autotrader.com. There were two that peeked my interest. I will check out Cars.com as well. This situation reminds me of the one my wife and I were in back in 2013. After the new body 14 Range Rover Sport was introduced, we decided it was time to pick up one of the last 13's before the new model started hitting lots. We ended up buying our 13 Range Rover Sport in June of that year, a good two months before the new body-style came out I believe. I may need to get my butt in gear if I wish to find an LR4 while supplies are fairly good. Land Rover has not provided any sort of ordering dates for the new replacement yet, have they?

On another note, if I have found a vehicle I like that is at a dealer on the West coast, and I live over on the East coast, will LR dealers do trades across the Nation, or just stick to local regions?

I placed my order for our Landmark LR4 May 27th for an October 14th delivery into the US on the West Coast. The factory actually locked everyone out of the orders on June 1, 2016 because of the Discovery 5 release later on in the year. I am happy to have one of the last LR4's to come out of the production line in Solihull, UK. I will post pictures from delivery day.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9