Anyone in the USA able to order a 2014 LR4 yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrgreen5859

Reaction score
Our local dealership says they can't order MY2014 LR4's yet, anyone else hearing the same thing? We are looking to replace ou4 2008 LR3.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not looking to order a MY2014, but I asked my friend at a local dealership and he said they are still waiting to hear when they will start taking MY2014 orders - may not be until December/January.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 2014MY last Saturday. I'm in SoCal. Dealer "said" it should be here mid January.

Working on my Compomotive purchase next. :creep:

My poor wife has no idea what she's(I'm) getting into! :biggrin:

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my 2014 last Saturday. Delivery estimated to be in mid Jan.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything is negotiable... My take on it is that a dealer uses less resources / overhead when "custom ordering" a vehicle. They don't have to move it around the lot, keep it clean, fill it up with gas a few times, and, etc.

First dealer visit is simply gathering info, making contact. Ask what it takes to get the ball rolling. For me it was $5K. Don't give them any personal info except phone number or email.

Once you've made your decision to buy, the second visit is the "numbers" visit. Walk in with a deposit check made out to dealer, don't tell them you have it until they "build the vehicle" and give you MSRP. Extend the deposit check and say, "Here ya go, if you can make it $XXXXX." Of course it has to be reasonable. I was able to chip off $2K with no counter. I should have started at $3K.

They tried to use the line that there are only so many order slots. I told them I'd go buy a Jeep down the street... suddenly there were more order slots available. It's all just a game... play it respectfully and wisely and don't be afraid to walk out. :hello:

jrgreen5859

Reaction score
thanks, this will be our 3rd LR, 2005 LR3 traded for 2008 LR3, now trading in for a 2014LR4. I'm hoping to avoid the song and dance.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 2014MY last Saturday. I'm in SoCal. Dealer "said" it should be here mid January.

Working on my Compomotive purchase next. :creep:

My poor wife has no idea what she's(I'm) getting into! :biggrin:
Awesome! I love my Compomotive wheels. I can't wait to see your 2014 in photos.

jrgreen5859

Reaction score
We ended up walking out they only would take $1,600 off msrp for a lux with vision and sirius, plus they low balled us on our trade. Oh well maybe we try another dealer or switch brands.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635