Oil "anti-drain valve" in top of engine block 5.0 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H20 Open Wallet

Reaction score
I am rebuilding the engine on my 2012 LR4. Block came back from machine shop and looking to replace what the manual calls the "oil anti-drain valve" on the top rear of the block. Sits immediately under the oil cooler. Anyone know where I can get one of those? I check with local LR dealer...they can see it in their diagram but say it only comes with a "short block" apparently. This is a plastic cylindrical valve that keeps the oil in the cooler so it doesn't drain back down into the engine. Can't believe there isn't one somewhere in the world...

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In 2011 there was a service bulletin to replace the oil restrictor. It is located in the rear of the heads.
Not sure if this is the part you need.
LR011688.

H20 Open Wallet

Reaction score
Thanks Rover Range! Unfortunately that isn't the part. This part sits under the oil cooler in the block and keeps the oil from draining back into the oil pan after the engine is turned off. Here is a picture if that helps.
IMG_5259.jpeg

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That helps. How soon do you need it?
We have some engine cores here that I can "borrow" those check valves from.

Last edited:

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy Crap!!!!! How did you find that part?!?!?!?! I've been trying to find one for literally years! I've replaced the head drain valves, but not the block. (I too am rebuilding my engine).

Aside from someone having one on the shelf, does anyone know where we can order them? (Or is there another one "on the shelf?")

Better question, does anyone have a part number for it? The best I could come up with was the Jaguar part reference number from a parts diagram.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy Crap!!!!! How did you find that part?!?!?!?! I've been trying to find one for literally years! I've replaced the head drain valves, but not the block. (I too am rebuilding my engine).

Aside from someone having one on the shelf, does anyone know where we can order them? (Or is there another one "on the shelf?")

Better question, does anyone have a part number for it? The best I could come up with was the Jaguar part reference number from a parts diagram.
The ones that I got a hold off, was out of used engine blocks.

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ones that I got a hold off, was out of used engine blocks.
yeah, I had a feeling. Any chance you have another one laying around...or anyone knows the exact part number? I mean seriously, they're still making the SCV8, and I believe it's still a part of the SCV6 engine as well...LR should have some to buy....should being the key word.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72