Anyone Recently Sold or Currently Selling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked into Carvana. They don't service the PNW. There's a similar ish service up, but reviews aren't great.

Main concern is picking up a new vehicle, then not being able to sell the LR4 for months if people aren't buying from private parties right now. And that's what I'm really trying to figure out - is anyone even buying from private parties right now?

My current vehicles are paid off, so it's more an issue of space. I don't need/want potentially 3 vehicles sitting around (also own a supercharged M3).

Carvana buys vehicles too. They offered $16.7K on my 2012 with 78K miles last month... Joys of VC support I guess ? So find a zip code where they operate and drive your car there?

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carvana buys vehicles too. They offered $16.7K on my 2012 with 78K miles last month... Joys of VC support I guess ? So find a zip code where they operate and drive your car there?
Damn, thats a great price for an instant purchase. I’m going to have to look more into Carvana then. NorCal is not too far of a drive i suppose.

Last edited:

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll give you $5K! LOL.

There are 15 LR4s within 300 mi of me in Silicon Valley. 12 at dealers and 3 private party. Closest to yours was a 2012 with 82K.

I think you'll only know when you list it. I'd just put together a great listing and toss it here in this group and a few of the other related forums (there must be a PNW local LR forum).

42ec2b128adbfb88f890e7f9ce56984c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep, dealer prices for a 2012 around here are in the $18-20k range. A local dealer even has a 2016 with 43k miles... for $45k. Lol.

So definitely passing on the $4k offer (and your $5k offer, sorry, haha).

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I ever get around to committing to a purchase, I’ll post my LR4 here too. It’s 2012 Orkney/black HSE Lux with Black Design Pack bits, 265 G2’s, and a bunch of other maintenance stuff completed. If anyone is interested now, feel free to reach out for details.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, thats a great price for an instant purchase. I’m going to have to look more into Carvana then. NorCal is not too far of a drive i suppose.

$4K of that was a "regional adjustment" since I suppose CO is a natural habitat for these cars... But even without that, you're looking at way more than $5K.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have missed some of the nuances of the original question, but my hot take is that the lack of LR4 listings (private sales or otherwise) is a good thing. The model is having a bit of a moment and any nice units offered will stand out. Maybe it also means that lots of them are getting sold before they even get listed.

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if you're interested in a D5, my first suggestion is to see an eye doctor.

If subjective appearance is all you LR4 owners care about then why didn't you buy Jeep Grand Cherokees, which are more esthetically appealing than LR4s, and just as capable off road. The D5 exceeds the LR4 in both off-road and on-road capability, especially with the Td6 engine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72