Anyone running Tuffant steel wheels yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BikePilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 9589 View attachment 9590 View attachment 9591 I just mounted 265/65 18 with Nitto Ridge Grapplers and due to being 0.26” larger than KO2’s I needed some minor wheel well mods (shave frame horns on backside of front axles, tie left front wires higher and heat press bumps in plastic liner but did not need to modify rear heater lines like others who run larger tyres). They run quiet on the road and I anticipate they will perform well off road too but haven’t had time yet. Love both wheels and tyres :)
I plan to run toyo observe snow tyres on my 19” rims so am not concerned about snow performance on these.
The charcoal color is great but not sure if it matches OP’s bronze truck. It barely matches the grey paint but I like it better than black which is so common. Oh, and I did need wheel straps (F150 style) for TPMS. Bought those on Amazon. Spare tyre need to be at 5 psi to fit in spare area with heat shield removed, and it takes some wiggling but it isn’t so tight that it gets stuck but you do need to wiggle it out.

View attachment 9592

Yes those look awesome! I'm pretty sure I saw your Rover at Roadside Werx, definitely looked sharp.

Mcb14230

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of March, they were taking preorders - something like $1k for 5 wheels, plus 250 for shipping to east coast. I am revisiting this now and seeing if anyone has pulled the trigger and is running these? My goal for now is to run 265/65/18s on these, which is the max size you can run without frame trimming, etc. Interested in what needs to be done to adapt the TPMS system to these, apparently you need belts to attach the existing sensors to? Anyway, if anyone is running these on their LR, would love to hear feedback. Pics are even better! Opinions on whether black or charcoal go better with Nara Bronze are good too. :)
where did you see the bronze? thats the color for me.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got tires put on.

265/65/18 Cooper Discoverer AT3 LT (E load range)

There are supposedly 31.5", but putting the spare required deflating it basically completely and kicking it to deform it to get past the bumper where the factory hitch would plug in.

I have not noticed any rubbing but will keep an eye out, especially where the wiring harness is on the passenger side.

I will say, this tire/wheel combination is heavy compared to the 19" factory alloys with well worn Zeons I took off.

View media item 430View media item 429View media item 428

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
Mine should be here Monday or Tuesday, then I wait on tires

CamelToephy

Reaction score
Installed mine over the weekend, Charcoal rims with Wrangler UltraTerrain AT in 275/65/18 on 2005 LR3. I did the heater line relocation and removed the body seam folding on both sides as well as reforming the wheel well liners. The only side I have rubbing on is the right rear on the liner, I'm going to pull the liner off and try to do more reforming off the vehicle since I can only push it back so far when it's installed and it's obviously not enough.
View media item 431View media item 432View media item 433View media item 434View media item 435

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Just curious, how's the road noise on those ?

Installed mine over the weekend, Charcoal rims with Wrangler UltraTerrain AT in 275/65/18 on 2005 LR3. I did the heater line relocation and removed the body seam folding on both sides as well as reforming the wheel well liners. The only side I have rubbing on is the right rear on the liner, I'm going to pull the liner off and try to do more reforming off the vehicle since I can only push it back so far when it's installed and it's obviously not enough.

CamelToephy

Reaction score
It's louder than the Duller HL Alenza+, but even with the windows rolled down it's not that bad. I have a sound meter app I will measure the db levels soon. I know with the old tires and the radio and a/c off the interior and windows up was around 78db 68-70db when doing 60-65mph. I should get a chance this evening to make some measurements.

Right now playing with what settings adjust the odometer and speedometer without triggering a check engine light.

Edit:
Did some test driving and looked at my old notes for a correction above. A/C off and stereo off for all measurements.

With the windows up and cruising at 65mph on the UltraTerrains the noise level was 72-74db
With the front windows down and cruising at 65mph on the UltraTerrains the noise level was 76-79dba

You can hear the tires, they aren't loud but I imagine as they wear a bit they will get louder. With the windows up and radio (normal listening is 12-15) on I don't notice them at all.

Last edited: