Apple CarPlay 2016 Voice Button?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baxterdown

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Has anyone installed aftermarket CarPlay on a 2016 LR4 with no steering wheel voice button? I'm curious to find out if Siri works with the button.

iSheeZ

Reaction score
If you use Naviplus kit (I believe chines kit can't do that) its possible to make use Voice button on steering wheel (of course if this button is real button and not dummy).

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 08.26.45.png

I do that in SWC learning screen but in my case it was absolutely unusable for Siri because Land Rover Voice Command also turn on :) maybe its possible to turn it off in CCF, need to check.

So I prefer to use "Hi Siri" or long press Home button on the screen.

Baxterdown

Reaction score
Hey @iSheeZ thanks for the reply! FYI, for Siri you press and hold the button. If you just press, indeed, you'll get LR voice. Hope this helps!

Jose

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you use Naviplus kit (I believe chines kit can't do that) its possible to make use Voice button on steering wheel (of course if this button is real button and not dummy).

View attachment 23371

I do that in SWC learning screen but in my case it was absolutely unusable for Siri because Land Rover Voice Command also turn on :) maybe its possible to turn it off in CCF, need to check.

So I prefer to use "Hi Siri" or long press Home button on the screen.
This makes me want to ditch my Chinese system and get naviplus. Can you use the arrows to skip tracks, too?

iSheeZ

Reaction score
Hey @iSheeZ thanks for the reply! FYI, for Siri you press and hold the button. If you just press, indeed, you'll get LR voice. Hope this helps!

Jose
Interesting, need to test :) I'm not sure, but I think LR Voice command start immediately when I press this button and hold not affect.

This makes me want to ditch my Chinese system and get naviplus. Can you use the arrows to skip tracks, too?
Only right arrow (next track) work, unfortunately left arrow (prev track) doesn't work. I use phone red button (as Naviplus recommend) as left arrow

Baxterdown

Reaction score
@iSheeZ, I drive a 2017 L405 with OEM CarPlay. I've also driven a ton of rental cars with OEM CarPlay. That's the standard way to activate Siri: press and hold the voice button :)

iSheeZ

Reaction score
@iSheeZ, I drive a 2017 L405 with OEM CarPlay. I've also driven a ton of rental cars with OEM CarPlay. That's the standard way to activate Siri: press and hold the voice button :)
Yep, but aftermarket not OEM so behaviour can be different :)

I've tested the possibility of using the LR Voice Command button with naviplus and it works for Siri, but need more time to wait until LR Voice Command will be canceled

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA