ARB Deluxe Winch Bar for the LR4 (FINALLY)!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have definately considered one of these, but it's pretty big comittment. I had an ARB bumper on an old Isuzu Trooper and all you had to do is take 4 bolts out, slide the stock bumper off and slide the ARB on the frame rails. I downloaded the ARB instructions for the LR3 and it's very involved, including cutting the fender flares... They are heavy (I put Ford F150 shocks on my Trooper to compensate), but I think the factory air springs on the LR4 are up for the task. Additionally, they do cut down the approach angle and can dig in under certain circumstances.

With that said, they are badass... I loved the one I had...!

You should be able to download the mounting instructions from this link...

http://store.arbusa.com/ARB-Deluxe-Bar-Land-Rover-LR3-2005-09-3432150-P3306.aspx

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have definately considered one of these, but it's pretty big comittment. I had an ARB bumper on an old Isuzu Trooper and all you had to do is take 4 bolts out, slide the stock bumper off and slide the ARB on the frame rails. I downloaded the ARB instructions for the LR3 and it's very involved, including cutting the fender flares... They are heavy (I put Ford F150 shocks on my Trooper to compensate), but I think the factory air springs on the LR4 are up for the task. Additionally, they do cut down the approach angle and can dig in under certain circumstances.

With that said, they are badass... I loved the one I had...!

You should be able to download the mounting instructions from this link...

http://store.arbusa.com/ARB-Deluxe-Bar-Land-Rover-LR3-2005-09-3432150-P3306.aspx
Thanks, PALR4!

They are definitely bada$$!

It's a pretty big modification though, so I am going to wait. I don't know if you can switch back to your stock bumper after putting this on, so it's a bit committment as you stated. Thanks!

Regards, David

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually found a couple of old prints of my Trooper... It was a great truck, but very underpowered.

Trooper002.jpg

Trooper001.jpg

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone on the forum actually have an ARB bumper? Just curious.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am happy to see the aftermarket support for the lr4, but I agree that it is quite a big commitment. It is lots of weight and a big change to the look.

I am sure many of us will go for it. As of now I still have my eye on the Devon 4x4 hidden winch tray. (It does have some big ass shackles that fit on the bumper though, looks amazing). Unfortunately, last I heard, Devon can't ship to the states at this point.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone on the forum actually have an ARB bumper? Just curious.
I just put the order in for one. More of a "put it on the shelf" item for me. After I get tired of the hidden winch I guess.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put the order in for one. More of a "put it on the shelf" item for me. After I get tired of the hidden winch I guess.

Looking forward to hearing what you think of the ARB bumper! I'd like to see one on an LR4 in person... There is a Nara Bronze LR4 with a color-matched ARB bumper in my area, but I didn't have time to take a good look at it when I saw it at the local dealership. Hoping to run into him again soon.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am planning on getting the ARB front bumper by early next year, but I plan to keep it black - will look great on my Fuji White LR4. I have seen an ARB bumper on an LR3 in my Land Rover club and it looks awesome - very nicely done.

discotwinturbo

Reaction score
I live in Oz and had an Opposite Lock winch bar. Look very similar.
If you run tyres as big as my 285/60-18's they rub on the ARB bar but not on mine.
We use them for winches, spotlights, aerials mounts, and for protection against roos.
Brett

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    961.6 KB · Views: 50

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635