ARB winch bumper need hardware / mounts / brackets.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wehtjns

Reaction score
First-time poster, but I've been reading for a while. 2012 LR4

I have the option of possibly buying a used ARB winch bumper for a pretty low price. The catch, she doesn't have any of the hardware/mounts etc. I called ARB USA, and they don't have any mounting kits available in the US. The Kit would have to come from Australia at a cost of over $700 and at least 8-10 weeks, possibly longer. At that cost and timeline it really makes it not so attractive of a deal.

So while I'm not too worried about the hardware, the list of parts needed is in the instructions; the mounts/brackets, etc are unique and are the issue. Any ideas? thanks.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never mounted an ARB bumper on an LR4, but I've done it on other vehicles. $700 for the mounting brackets is a ******* on a level I haven't heard of before. Not sure what other options you have, though. What happened to the original hardware?

wehtjns

Reaction score
When I contacted ARB I assumpted it was going to be at least a hundred or two, but $723 was the shocking total. The mounting kit contains all the hardware, which I could easily find anywhere else, but the mounts/brackets are the hard part. They don't sell the mounts or brackets separately, only as an entire "kit". I was hoping maybe someone knew a junkyard one or someone with a mess up bumper.

I have not gotten into details about the bumper with the sellers, as once I found out the cost of the parts, the conversation stopped. but she claimed that it came off their old car and had been sitting. they saved it planning on reusing it on another car that never happened, but didn't realize all the parts they needed to save in addition to the bumper itself. That is the "story".

She is currently asking $700.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold a damaged bumper, with hardware for around that amount.

The hardware for mounting is considerable and the crush cans would be a pain to replicate. It would also be worth asking ARB if that "kit" includes the skid plates or not. It all comes bundled together.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clearly, for the combined cost, you might as well buy a new bumper.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd probably do a new bumper also.. Wonder what the condition is on the used one.. if its been sitting.. did it have crash damage? rust? Could be a pain in multiple ways. They are a pain enough to install when fresh out of the box due to the nutty instructions that are never quite right.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a fab shop nearby that you trust?

I would at least swing by my local guy with some pictures of what I wanted and see if he could do it.

Toothbob

Reaction score
Wish I had seen this yesterday. I ended up driving out at picking up what I believe is the bumper OP mentioned. It was very clean but missing everything. I’m in $500. Guess it’s time to call ARB myself and decide if I want to go down this road or hang it on the garage wall as a decoration. ;)

99DA759C-5B08-459E-A3D2-50EF2524E202.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV