Atlantic British Ltd. brake packages...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the pads, rotors looked ok. Wow what a diference and saved a ton about 200 to have done; dealer wanted 1000 for the works.

PakiRover

Reaction score
Using ferodo

I had the Ferodo complete set installed 20K miles ago. Noticably improved braking over the factory set. Only about 2k miles ago did I have a problem with squealing which turned into pulsing. I took it into the shop, the guys told me the rotors needed evening out, so after a quick resurface it was back to normal. Plenty of pad left according to the shop and feel on the road.

I had it installed by Meinke, the only one in town that could do it was the one on the same street as the Rover dealer. 380ish for the brakes, 200 for the install, plus Meinke threw in their lifetime pad warranty. Dealer wanted over a grand.

I would do Ferodo again.

MountainLR3

Reaction score
IMHO, after running lots of slotted brake rotors on street vehicles and track cars, it is just bling on the street applications. Even on track, marginally better performance, and then only if you have everything else right (compound, temp, proper bedding, etc). Slots just aren't that useful until brakes get good and hot :biggrin:

I've got a couple thousand miles of life left in my pads, so hopefulyy Akebono will get something out. If I had a set of backing plates I'd send them to Carbotech to be faced with their street ceramics which have been real good for me as a street application.

Funny you shoot off such good info. I personally worked with CarboTech back in the day. with VW SCCA track cars. The race shop that employed me ran their pads on every car.

We firmly believed, under a real budget, that slots and holes were street hype. We used Cryo treated blank rotors with race compound pads for the best results. If a blank can develop surface cracks, an inexpensive slotted/dimpled/drilled rotor will be that much worse. If you have an unlimited budget, there are drilled rotors that work very well.... porsche, etc.

Good fluid and pads are more than enough for a heavy suv, even when towing. Brake fade is from low end pads and boiling brake fluid.

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you shoot off such good info. I personally worked with CarboTech back in the day. with VW SCCA track cars. The race shop that employed me ran their pads on every car.

We firmly believed, under a real budget, that slots and holes were street hype. We used Cryo treated blank rotors with race compound pads for the best results. If a blank can develop surface cracks, an inexpensive slotted/dimpled/drilled rotor will be that much worse. If you have an unlimited budget, there are drilled rotors that work very well.... porsche, etc.

Good fluid and pads are more than enough for a heavy suv, even when towing. Brake fade is from low end pads and boiling brake fluid.

Nice...glad to hear some more real experience talking . Proper compounds are the number one priority.

FYI, Carbotech built me a set of street pads a couple of weeks ago...very pleased with performance and dust levels, all for less than Ferodo, OEM, etc. I have had outstanding experience with Carbotech, both performance and customer service. I run their pads on my track car, on my JCW Mini, and now on the LR3.

craiglud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the Atlantic British kit with pads and rotors this past weekend and I have some squealing on the front left. Not sure what it is but i'm going to take it down tomorrow and take a look. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I pulled the wheel and I failed to grease the retaining clips and the metal backside of the pads. Everything is working great now! Thanks for all the information!

Last edited:

PakiRover

Reaction score
Ferodo

Just an update for everyone, about a month ago, the rear rotors started pulsing. Took back in to Meneike, same shop that did the install, and apparently, the rears are now totally warped. They also mentioned that the rotors cannot be cut or resurfaced. So I asked what they did last time. Turns out it just needed a lube last time. Anyways, the rear rotors need to be replaced. The rest of the kit is intact, pads with plenty of surface left, front rotors are ok. Im at 35,000 miles on the Ferodo kit, about 1.5 years.

I will go with the Ferodo rotors again, just have to wait for em to get here from the shire, aka Atlantic British. Unless someone can talk me in to buying the pimpalicous slotted and drilled rotors with the red accents off of Ebay...

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
Yep, Ferodo is the OEM supplier. I just put Bendix (MKD1098IQ) on the front and they work fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo