Audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparrky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think replacing the speakers alone has any merit? Or do you really feel an amp or sound processor is needed?

Thanks again for the details.

Gotta admit, I haven't felt the need to fiddle with the audio systems in my last 15 cars. Last time I tinkered was my 1984 VW Scirocco that had paper speaker cones...oh well.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think replacing the speakers alone has any merit? Or do you really feel an amp or sound processor is needed?

Thanks again for the details.

Gotta admit, I haven't felt the need to fiddle with the audio systems in my last 15 cars. Last time I tinkered was my 1984 VW Scirocco that had paper speaker cones...oh well.

For the value I put on my listening experience, no. But you have to decide for yourself what is good enough for you.

The factory speakers are not cheap paper speakers so replacing them with equal caliber Infinitys to save some money would not make a difference, IMHO. In addition, buying high-end speakers and not providing reasonable/applicable wattage is like buying a sports car but only driving it in a school zone...what's the point.

If you're on the fence and just bought the vehicle, maybe you try the settings that were proposed in a previous post and give the factory system time for your ears to get use to them as you may find it meets your needs after the adjustments.

i will add, I like my stereos to play a full, articulate sound that can accurately represent the bass, mid and highs no matter the music genre. My system can hit hard when I'm enjoying a little hip hop but then provide excellent clarity and separation in the instruments and vocals when I listen to indie/singer songwriter music...I pretty much listen to everything and i found our factory system distorts when I attenuate aspects of the EQ or volume for certain music.

Last edited:

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One last question...
Did you replace all the speakers giving , that you went two component way, meaning tweeter and midrange all around or just front seat set up?That would not make sense would it?Also are these midrange , tweet and woofers are direct bolt on into existing holes are you had to drill a new set of holes in door frame?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sparky, are you sure your amp isn't shot? Although you don't have a L7, the HK standard system is plenty loud and has plenty of base... You describe yours like it's a Sparkamatic system from Radioshack. There's got to be something wrong with yours.

sparrky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure.

I guess I thought the 380 watt system in the LR would have a lot more kick than the 125 watt system in my last car, a Toyota Sequoia.

Maybe I'll have the service Ctr take a look.

Thanks all for the responses.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4