Baja Racks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samterri

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the LR3 custom rack from Baja Racks? They sent me a couple of pictures through email today, as there is nothing on their website about it. Just checking to see if it's a good rack. It looks great and is a lower profile than the others they offer. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

ndrenfro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed one for my LR4 a few weeks ago. I am going to post on the LR4 forum just how impressed I am with it and with the customer service. The LR4 rack I got is the same as the LR3 one. I went with the expedition rack. It is solidly made, easy install, strongly connected to frame, and overall seems great. I haven't really loaded it up yet but will in late Sept. I plan on adding a roof tent on it. Their customer service is great. The LR4 required a different front bracket than the LR3 and they didn't realize this (maybe I was their first LR4 customer). I told them about the issue and they were very responsive and sent me new brackets for replacement. All in all I'm very happy with the purchase. A great product and great service.

Hope my experience helps,
Nathan

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Baja Rack on my LR3. Good rack - especially for the price. I would buy it again.

BUT

The rack arrived dented and without getting into too much detail, Baja Rack told me the shipper wouldn't pay the claim ( I have photos of everything & still have the box to show the evidence of the miss handling) - and, at least so far, they are not willing to make it right by replacing the rack - or even paying to have it repaired. They did however offer me a VERY small "refund" or a discount on other Baja Rack products to compensate me for the damage. I did not accept. This has been going on since JANUARY! It is a small dent- but a dent nonetheless & one I did not inflict. It irritates me :hmpf:

ALSO

The brackets sent with the rack were nowhere near correct. Baja Rack did ship out some new ones quickly - but they were still not correct (sunroof issues). I ended up fabricating & powder coating new brackets that fit properly. Baja Rack has not offered to compensate me for this. In fairness, I have not specifically asked them to.

OffRoving

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some customers and I have one and love it. It looks authentic and is well made and very affordable. We had ours built for a roof top tent with a tire carrier over the sunroof. I have since modified it to be a basket [didn't like that kind of weight up there]. They now make them with a basket in the front and also have added the option to stow jerry cans.

I have a bunch of pictures you're welcome to look at from the initial prototype steps through use on the trail.

th_CloseupofSideView3.jpg

Click here for more images

There is no issue with the sunroof on mine, it's close but doesn't touch. My buddy had that "mouse" pod on the back of the roof [navigation?] so they modified his design to not cover it. I did not and my navigation works fine.

Hope it helps, I recommend them highly.

Last edited:

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 LR3 with the navigation and Sat radio. That pod is for the satellite disk and link, I believe.

samterri

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone, for your comments. Sorry to Team Jeff, who's had some issues with them.

Thanks, Adam for the pics link. I'm going to check them out now.

Sam

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo