Battery or alternator ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mvg

Reaction score
Muddyone, any luck with analysis? I may have a similar problem on a 2005 with a DVD player. To keep it short, problems were:
1. Car wouldn't start after being parked for more than two days.
2. LR's solution after two weeks in the shop, replace battery
3. With new battery, car can start up even after being parked more than two weeks.
4. About a year later, which is now, car won't start at noon even when used in the morning.
5. I'm now back in the forum researching the problem and any solutions.

If problem is similar, I can share some of my research when I had the problem more than a year ago.

billericayboy

Reaction score
Did you find the cause of the battery drain ? I had this a few months back and it was the diode on the Alternator allowing it to drain back when the engine was not running.

Muddyone

Land Rover Sales Consultant
Reaction score
So far i have not found the solution but i am thinking that it is the starter as it turns over intermittently... im going to have to take a look at it, but i dont know what the starter even look like lol...

billericayboy

Reaction score
Find the battery and follow the big thick wires - that is the starter. there will be the black & red thick wires and some sort of solenoid with the wire from the ignition. Good Luck

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9