Best Dealer Service in NYC Area?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

cb_photography

I live in new York City and have decided to pull the trigger on a new LR3 within the next month or so. If there's one thing I've learned from reading these boards, it's that the choice of dealership really matters when it comes to service. I've searched through the old posts and see some anecdotal evidence, but I would like to solicit opinions on the dealerships in the region to see if there is a general consensus on which one offers the best service. The most likely candidates for me are:

LR Manhattan
LR Paramus
LR Monmouth
LR Larchmont/New Rochelle
LR Southampton

So what do you think? What's the good, bad or ugly about these dealerships? I appreciate any and all comments. Thank you.

A

Amir

cb_photography, i am also in the same boat. i have visited LR Manhattan, seemed ok. I am gonna try this weekend LR Glen Cove. i am also thinking of visiting paramus one....

J

Jack

I got my 2006 HSE from LR Glen Cove. The Sales Dept was very friendly, and have heard good things about the Service Dept, however I have not had to use them yet so I really don't know how the "service" really is.

Also keep in mind that all LR dealers on Long Island are owned by the same company. I think that the one in Glen Cove is considered the HQ or main office.

Check out their website http://www.landroverlongisland.com/

A

Amir

Jack, would you please let us know what did you end up paying for yours including the options you added, as i am going to be getting mine (same 2006 HSE) also most likely from the same dealer in Glen Cove. I will be going this weekend to test drive and negociate and stuff...

I would really apperciate it, thanks...

D

deanz

Think I may have found an excellent dealer...

I've posted in this forum under the thread: "Picking up LR3 HSE-7 Tomorrow! Need some input"

I believe this is the link:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2889

I used Jeff Townson at Milford, CT Land Rover. So far (less than a day of ownership), he's been great. FYI - he mentioned to me that he used to work for the Manhattan LR dealership a while ago.

Best of luck.

J

Jack

Amir, I ended up leasing my LR3 for a 30 month term, not purchasing outright.

The MSRP was $54,500 which included the cold weather package, then add the cost of the wood kit which I think was around $800 for a total of $55,300.

However our Base Cap Cost ended up being around $51,700.

Hope this helps...

A

Amir

thanks very much jack. i am also trying to figure out if i should lease or purchase. i guess i will know when i visit the dealers. i think lease on the HSE would be quite higher than whats being advertised by LR on tv recently (495/month). i feel a little awkward asking but if you dont mind, can you mention how much you ended up putting down and what are the monthly payments like. I am trying to determine what i should be able to negotiate out of the dealer.

thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635