best tires for 2003 disco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjvarc

Reaction score
what are the best tires for on-/off-road all-terrain. mud/snow/rain/rock

original stock or performing. any recommendations?

i have a 2003 disco se

thanks,
p

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Bridgestone AT Revo2

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, I have used the AT revo's for the last 7 years, I don't have the Revo 2's yet, but since I don't think they make the plan Revo's anymore that is all I can suggest.

I have used them in mud, snow (17 inches), dirt roads, gravel, grass (family owns 300 acres). I can't say enough, they are quiet on the road all the way till the end of their tread life. No issues with Water or rain, track well. I am sure there are better tires out there, but for the price and for a good all around tire they work very well.

I also have a set of wheels with mud tires strictly for off roading, but in a pinch I will gladly drive with my Revo's.

pjvarc

Reaction score
thanks joey,

i appreciate this. read on AT revo's and the tires have great reviews.

p

Sorry for the late reply, I have used the AT revo's for the last 7 years, I don't have the Revo 2's yet, but since I don't think they make the plan Revo's anymore that is all I can suggest.

I have used them in mud, snow (17 inches), dirt roads, gravel, grass (family owns 300 acres). I can't say enough, they are quiet on the road all the way till the end of their tread life. No issues with Water or rain, track well. I am sure there are better tires out there, but for the price and for a good all around tire they work very well.

I also have a set of wheels with mud tires strictly for off roading, but in a pinch I will gladly drive with my Revo's.

'Fraid Knot

Reaction score
Nitto Terra grapplers. Had them for almost two years, 60k. Good tread life and road traction both wet and dry. Good off road except in thick mud they will cake but thats southern red clay. And best of all not to bad on pricing lol

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or you can go to one of the newer, more popular tires on the market, the Good Year Dura Trac's. Based on speaking with a number of Rover owners, they pretty much out perform the rest of the market.

dnshiftbr

Reaction score
Revo's are great, I just bought the Terra Grapplers for my Suburban, and am considering them for my 05' Disco I need a good snow first to be sure how the react to the slush and ice we get here, otherwise I am running with the Revo for new shoes on the Disco.

Nordlander

Reaction score
I have Firestone Destinaton A/T tires on my Discovery 2 and they are the best tires I have ever owned ...period.I went through 20+ inches of snow last year and not a problem. Was hunting in the mountains when a massive snow storm hit ,EVERY 4 wheel drive got stuck and I blazed the way through the back mountain road with my Rover without a problem.Not only that the tires handle fantastic on the road and are quiet.Had top of the line Goodyears on before and not even close in comparison with the Firestone Destination A/T's .I read tire consumer ratings before I bought them and they were the best rated in almost every catagory and with good reason!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM