Best tires for LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how are the nittos on road noise?

I've run the Nitto Terra Grappler A/Ts (285/65/18) on both of my LR3s, and I didn't notice a significant increase in noise from the stock tires. With the windows up, I don't hear anything but the wind on my roof rack...

I also have (almost) no rubbing issues. In access mode, with the wheels cut all the way driver, going in reverse, they will rub just a little, but nothing serious.

side note where are the attachment points for recovery on the lr3…

There is one in the center of the rear bumper...you should see a little plastic "door" that pops out, and there's a metal ring behind it. In the front, its under the front bumper, behind a plastic fascia. You remove like 7-8 of those "quarter turn" plastic screws, and the fascia falls down, revealing the recovery point. I'd snap some pics for ya, but I'm in my office.

-Paul

sprale

Reaction score
How about longevity?

Has anyone noticed any tire that provides significantly longer life as opposed to the rest?

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goodyear wranger silent armours. Mine have almost 55k miles and still have 1/4 tread left.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nathan woods has a great site with tire info for the LR3:
http://blog.nextstepdesigns.com/?p=46
Please note, that site has moved! New address is at http://lr3tips.wordpress.com

On a side note, I ran the Nitto's and the Cooper Zeons. I got way more usefull tread wear from the Coopers, and they rode a lot better on the road as well. I have heard great things about the Hankooks, but no personal experience. For the price of the Coopers, you really can't go wrong... Unless you need snow chains.

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got cooper zeon LTZ's earlier this week (285-60-18) They look WAY better than the factory ones and ride great. much quieter than I anticipated, and The width just feels right. Not too aggressive looking tread but enough. So far so good but I will keep you posted after 5k.

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed any tire that provides significantly longer life as opposed to the rest?

I have over 50K on my BFG's and they still have plenty left on them. They wear like iron-

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have scrubbed off 50% of my BFG's in 12k miles!!!! Yes the rig has had the alignments done and yes they are wearing evenly.......

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and I saw someone wearing Nittos get them gummed up in mud that was less than toe-deep.

MT/Rs, Duratracs, Zeons.....those are the front-runners in my opinion. My Synchrones have been AWESOME for wear, but not great for traction, as they are a street tire. My next choice for a street tire may be Nokians. I hope to collect more data between now and then but what I want is a tire that will last 50k and not require chains in the snow.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo