Blue Tooth & Address book

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJLVA

Reaction score
When I took delivery, sales guy linked my phone to LR3 via blue tooth. He said address book on my phone would show up after I received a few phone calls. Of course that's not how it works. Anyway, I see some references to an address book with voice command, but can't find how to load into cars memory. Any tips to using or setting up frequently used numbers and bluetooth? (factory install)

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I took delivery, sales guy linked my phone to LR3 via blue tooth. He said address book on my phone would show up after I received a few phone calls. Of course that's not how it works. Anyway, I see some references to an address book with voice command, but can't find how to load into cars memory. Any tips to using or setting up frequently used numbers and bluetooth? (factory install)

What year is your LR3? MY08s should have phonebook transfer via Bluetooth capabilities built in, earlier model years can be upgraded via software by your dealer (usually for a fee), as long as you have a compatible BT handset. Recording name tags and phone numbers in the car voice recognition system is a bit of a pain but it works as well... Until you disconnect the battery for a while and find out your whole memory bank has been erased as a result. :mad: Use the number keypad on the touchscreen and add the name tag when prompted by the system, it's a lot faster and less aggravating than spelling out both name AND number for the obtuse lady hidden behind the dash... Settings > Voice Settings > Voice Add Name.

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can save additional numbers (10 I think) into the system for voice dialing, and this includes a sample of your voice saying the name, so it can recognize your voice request.

You cannot voice dial numbers that it uploads from you phone's directory directly.

Click your voice button on the steering column and say 'phone help' - that will get you started...

DJLVA

Reaction score
Thanks, this thing has more tehno stuff than the Space Shuttle...

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Address Book Added

I took my LR3 in for scheduled service this week. I asked the service rep about the address book upgrade, he said he never heard of it, but would ask around. A few days later, I pick up my LR3 and guess what, my address book now shows up on the radio and no charge. Merry Christmas!

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance there's a reference on your invoice to the specific upload that they did, both for the record here and so that I might ask about it for our HSE?

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance there's a reference on your invoice to the specific upload that they did, both for the record here and so that I might ask about it for our HSE?

Good idea. I will check the paperwork tonight and post what was done.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this update added to my 06 SE, it cost me just the shop time cost $99 for one hour of software updates to the bluetooth system. I just told my dealer there is a bluetooth update that allows address book synchronization, and they found it pretty easily.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just a 'simple' software upgrade for the Bluetooth PTI system. In theory, the upgrade is not free... they are supposed to charge you since it's not a fix. If they pull up the TSB, they'll see something like this:

"This feature is at the request of the customer only, and must be charged to the customer. The download time takes approx 50 minutes. Please ensure that the customer phone supports this feature by reffering to the Land Rover approved phone list.

This feature will enable a Land Rover approved bluetooth phone to display the phone's internal contacts (phonebook) and/or call stacks on the vehicle display. These can then be dialled using the vehicle interface."

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, here's what was written;

Customer states trouble with bluetooth phonebook download, phone on approved list
Cause: Faulty bluetooth software
869008 Telephone module- system diagnosis-
includes configuration of new ecu

30859 Bluetooth diagnosis hooked up ids and checked software in cellphone module. Found not up to current level so reconfigured with phonebook up grade. Now displaying phonebook on radio unit recheck ok.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72