Blue Tooth/ PTI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

tmidura

Does anyone know which parts/kit is needed to upgrade '05 LR3 to be bluetooth ready, how much does it cost?
Also does anyone know if LandRover will make upgrades to BT system so it will be possible to view contact list and dial using Radio buttons without using a cradle?

R

roverrich

Think twice about BT and a Blackberry. I've had lots of problems with mine. It now seems to work 50/50 plus I'm convinced that it has screwed up my Satellite radio, which is still not working!!

luis_wilhelm

Reaction score
I think this thread might need to get updated. In my case with an '06 LR3V8 SE, my wife phone (motorola razor) and with my phone (motorola e815) we are able to connect through the dealer installed PTI (no craddle) and are able to use the key pad on the radio to dial (haven't tried the voice commands yet). Control on the steering wheel work as well to take or drop a call, I think you can also use it to make a call to the last number you dialed as it is stored in the phone. Just my 2cts here.

Drew888

Reaction score
Luis is correct as it works this way for my wife and I also.

You can then store #'s using the voice command system and create your own address book. It cannot use the address book from the phone.

The only problem we have is trying to figure out which is connected when we both get in.

Enjoy!!

P

partyon62

Does anyone know if I can use the Bluetooth functions for Nokia 6315i - I have 2006 LR3 SE with factory installed Bluetooth/PTI. I tried using my Blackberry 7290 and it worked maybe one out every ten attempts!!!! Of course the same phone worked like a charm on my previous SUV (Rx330)

According to this document (http://www.landroverusa.com/assets/us/en/Owners/About/06Bluetooth_approved_phones.pdf), Nokia 6310i is listed in the document as approved device... From what I can tell, the supported Bluetooth profiles for 6315i are: HSP, HFP, DUN, version 1.1 whereas for 6310i, the supported profiles are: HSP, HFP, DUN, OPP, FTP, Fax, version 1.1

Appreciate any help.

L

lauradrew

i just bought an LR3 with PTI (personal telephone integration) option.
All I had to do to use it was to go to the "Settings" menu on my sony phone and scroll down to Bluetooth. Follow the prompts and it will ask you for a code from Land rover.
The code is in your manual. Enter it and you should be all set.

Hope this helps. Jeff

P

partyon62

Thanks... I finally ran into a person at the dealer (Maint dept) who actually knew something about Bluetooth! He mentioned that while the phone that I was trying to buy (Nokia 6315i) wasn't listed on the official list, it was more or less guranteed to work as - and here's the 'secret' - The factory installed bluetooth/PTI system is a Nokia system. Hence the logic is that most standard bluetooth enabled Nokia phones should work! Mine did! While I haven't yet had a chance to tryout all the features, basic functions work! I'm not able to access the phone book from the car console, but based on the manual, this is only available if I buy a cradle, which even he dealer guys said is a waste of money!!! Next I have to try the voice commands!

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
partyon62, it's no "secret"... search for PTI and Nokia on this very forum. Most modern phones will work, and have since it's introduction. The system still mostly sucks, though. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99