bluetooth microphone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jak167

Reaction score
I seem to have problems with my mic bc people indicate they have a hard time hearing me when I'm driving. tested mic, seems like its a bit jumpy (ie: I'm either full on or really low, can't seem to get a steady signal). Does this sound like a mic prob? Also, having issues getting out of nav diag mode. I get to the screen RE removing key to reset, but when I do so, it doesn't reset. The other screeens (4x4 and settings) still work, but now the navi screen remains in diag mode. Any ideas?

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you access this if yu don't have the NAV??

AFAIK, you can't mute the microphone in the car. This is something that may "cure" itself with a restart (hopefully...), or perhaps the microphone got disconnected somehow. It is located in the front overhead console. To test the microphone's operation and sensitivity, enter the navigation diagnostics: Follow the directions here: http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7209 - but instead of the 1791 bypass code for navigation in motion, enter code 753 and press OK. You should see the navigation diagnostics's main menu. Press "Manual Checks" and "Microphone Test". Speak toward the overhead console in a normal tone (lower the radio volume first, if the radio is on), if the mic can detect your voice you should see the sensitivity bar graph moving up and down along with your voice.

To exit diagnostics, press the Return arrow in the upper right corner of the screen until the monitor prompts you to recycle the ignition, then remove the key.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, having issues getting out of nav diag mode. I get to the screen RE removing key to reset, but when I do so, it doesn't reset. The other screeens (4x4 and settings) still work, but now the navi screen remains in diag mode. Any ideas?

Go have a cup of coffee or something. It takes a couple of minutes for the electronics to fully reset.

jak167

Reaction score
Found that out. Posted message and didn't worry about it, went back later to go to store and everything worked. It's almost like the truck a has a mind of its sometimes. :biggrin:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it only had A mind of its own - I think the real problem is that it has SEVERAL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99