Buy or not Buy 2012 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

72offsuit

Reaction score
What color did you order! How long ago did u place it?

Ipanema Sand with Almond/Arabica interior. Told dealer what I wanted last weekend and they found one inbound and traded for it. At the port clearing customs, etc and should be at dealer in the next week.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Listen to the Captain, take your Jeep on as many off-road adventures as you can, then when your old like me buy an LR4 or whatever suits you at the time. I went all over the place in my Jeep

DSC_7581_JH1_2.jpg

and had the time of my life. My 2012 LR4 Lux should arrive this week or next and I doubt I will ever off-road it maybe a beach drive and some snow bashing at best. Best of luck whatever you decide.

Sweet jeep! Very very nice jeep! Love the color, the wheels and the tires. Did you get rid of it or are you keeping it in addition to the LR4? I think I will get a jeep like this when my kids get a little older. Please post pics of your LR4 when you get it.
Thanks,

72offsuit

Reaction score
Sweet jeep! Very very nice jeep! Love the color, the wheels and the tires. Did you get rid of it or are you keeping it in addition to the LR4? I think I will get a jeep like this when my kids get a little older. Please post pics of your LR4 when you get it.
Thanks,

Thanks, Jeep is gone, I no longer off-road. Will post LR4 pics.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a new wrangler in 1990 - it had to be towed to the dealership 3 times in 3 year of ownership. I swore that I would never own a Chrysler product again, but those new jeeps are very sweet looking and I miss the open air option...

My 2006 LR3 has been much better. Once I had to drive 30 miles on the bump stops because of a air suspension fault, but never stranded. That bad height sensor has been the only problem in 69k miles. Aftermarket items and maintenance is MUCH more $$ for the LR.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
Ipanema Sand with Almond/Arabica interior. Told dealer what I wanted last weekend and they found one inbound and traded for it. At the port clearing customs, etc and should be at dealer in the next week.

My wife really likes the Ipanema Sand, but I am not too keen on it. I would prefer a darker color...black, Baltic blue, Bournville, etc. What is it about the sand that you like?

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't see paying $1000 or more extra for paint as with what they charge you for some of those colors!!!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife really likes the Ipanema Sand, but I am not too keen on it. I would prefer a darker color...black, Baltic blue, Bournville, etc. What is it about the sand that you like?
Hey gfcronus,

I have the Nara Bronze and it's a cool color, but I think the darker colors are definitely great. The Bournville looks incredible in person - really a unique color. Have you seen this color in person yet?

-David

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't see paying $1000 or more extra for paint as with what they charge you for some of those colors!!!
I absolutely agree with this... yet in the end I forked out the $$$ to get the Izmir Blue I really wanted. :tongue:

72offsuit

Reaction score

Dark colors are more dramatic but much harder to maintain. They are hot in summer, black paint exceeds 190 degrees in summer sun. Have never seen IS in person on LR4 but in general when color is used by company in brochure it is a good choice. Some colors like silver changed for 2012 the new silver has a lot more white in it and I did not like it. The Bournville is a love it or hate color and I feared too much purple in bright sun. Dark colors show every swirl and scratch in the sun and my OCD will not tolerate that, lol. Also thought it went best with interior. So in summary I am trusting my instincts and while less dramatic IS will look better longer and be less work, which should mean more fun.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
Hey gfcronus,

I have the Nara Bronze and it's a cool color, but I think the darker colors are definitely great. The Bournville looks incredible in person - really a unique color. Have you seen this color in person yet?

-David

I like the Nara Bronze too, but it appears that LR discontinued it, at least for the time being (someone said it was the February earthquake in Japan that caused LR to stop some of their color options). If they bring it back, I would definitely consider it.

Haven't seen the Bournville, but it's the one color that intrigues me the most. I like black, but black is, well, black....ubiquitous. Bournville gives you the black look at night, yet something different in daylight. The blue is probably my favorite color that I've seen in person, but I already have a dark blue SUV...not sure I want another.

Silver and gray...also ubiquitous. A common rental car color.

White looks really nice, just not masculine for my tastes. Besides, the wife won't have it.

Teal is a little rad. Same with Bali Blue.

So that's about it....black, blue, Bournville, or Bronze (if they bring it back).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99