Buy or not Buy 2012 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Nara Bronze too, but it appears that LR discontinued it, at least for the time being (someone said it was the February earthquake in Japan that caused LR to stop some of their color options). If they bring it back, I would definitely consider it.

Haven't seen the Bournville, but it's the one color that intrigues me the most. I like black, but black is, well, black....ubiquitous. Bournville gives you the black look at night, yet something different in daylight. The blue is probably my favorite color that I've seen in person, but I already have a dark blue SUV...not sure I want another.

Silver and gray...also ubiquitous. A common rental car color.

White looks really nice, just not masculine for my tastes. Besides, the wife won't have it.

Teal is a little rad. Same with Bali Blue.

So that's about it....black, blue, Bournville, or Bronze (if they bring it back).
Hi gfcronus,

I have seen every color in person and each one does have an interesting component. The silvers and gray are my least favorite, but that's just because my previous two cars were that color. White looks awesome, and I usually do not care for white cars. The Teal and Bali Blue are really sharp - and hide dirt like a charm from what I have seen.

With that said, I am very happy with the Nara Bronze - it really is a very unique color. It's unfortunate they no longer make it anymore, as I know there is a demand for it still. Maybe they will bring it back?

You can't go wrong with the Santorini Black - looks incredible - just hard to keep clean. But, man, the Bournville is absolutely a different car at night than during the day - so sharp and such a unique color. I think if I were to pick again, I'd go that route.

Keep us posted if you decide to pull the trigger. I know the big problem a lot of people face is finding the LR4 in your color choice, as some colors are hard to get. That's why a lot of folks special order their LR4. I think white and black are the most common colors you wil find in the dealerships, though I have seen a lot of Ipama Sand LR4s lately.

-David

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99