Cargo area differences, 5 seats vs. 7?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

er1c

Reaction score
dry_fly, what are you referring to? the storage area in 5-seaters where the tools go? I don't understand what you're talking about... on the 7-seaters, where the 3rd row is stored... --- on 5-seaters this is where the tools are stored, so what exactly are you making reference to?
However there's some space behind the 2nd-row in 5-seat models (where the 3rd row's feet go...) this is where some people have custom-fabricated hidden aux water tanks.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you know exactly what storage areas he's referring to.

er1c

Reaction score
It sounds like you know exactly what storage areas he's referring to.

Um yeah, but he says "Otherwise the floor f.olds completely flat which is nice for dogs etc." --- don't both 5 and 7-seaters have "flat" cargo areas? I have no idea what he means by that.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had seats in my coiler that were unique from any others I saw. Perhaps its like those 60/40 seats described above? Here are my photos:

617910771_tYQQv-L.jpg

617906454_DoAXj-L.jpg

617906895_vL2tZ-L.jpg

617912066_GRi7D-L.jpg

I don't have a picture of the storage area under the tray behind the seats though. It's about 6" deep and the entire foot well area of the rear seat. Holds a water bladder, arsenal, and quite a few other odds and ends.

merrion13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, didn't notice those. No, my headrests slide down partially on the seat when not raised to accommodate passengers sitting there.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '05 is a 5-seater with the then-called "Convenience Package." My rear seats fold flat AND tumble forward. Not in the same way Nathan's did, but the entire seat tumbles forward like the seat bottoms do in the pics above.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge