Cargo area differences, 5 seats vs. 7?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

merrion13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the fold flat 2nd row seats work the same on the 5 passenger LR3 vs. the 7 passenger? I've seen some pictures where the cargo areas look different between the two but haven't yet seen a 7 passenger in person to compare to other LR3s I'm shopping.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 7 seater and everything folds flat... not sure what you are asking...

Trynian

Reaction score
Cargo area is the same when your passenger seats are pressed down flat. Only difference is that a 5 seater does not have the flip up function to allow passengers to load in the third row.

merrion13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm asking because I have seen pictures showing a completely flat area with all rows folded and others that show a rise in the cargo floor at the 2nd row. The 2 attached pictures show what I'm talking about. In the first picture, why aren't the second row seats folded flat?

Attachments

• land-rover-lr3-rear-interior-trunk-space.jpg
    land-rover-lr3-rear-interior-trunk-space.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 354
  • cargo.jpg
    cargo.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 307

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is not the flat position for the second row seats...they do fold flat

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e24kgold is right the seats in your pics are the same and the black interior is not all the way down. However there is a different seat option on the five seaters that is a 60/40 split bench. Not all five seaters have these though. The Bottom seat hinges up on those and the back rest hinges forward and down. I believe you actually have a larger cargo area with the fold and tumble seats that are in all seven seaters though.

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cargo area is the same when your passenger seats are pressed down flat. Only difference is that a 5 seater does not have the flip up function to allow passengers to load in the third row.
My 5 seater has the 2nd row flip forward access.
The selling point for me on the 5 seater was the cargo area storage which replaces where the 3rd row seats fold flat. Otherwise the floor f.olds completely flat which is nice for dogs etc.

Trynian

Reaction score
The selling point for me on the 5 seater was the cargo area storage which replaces where the 3rd row seats fold flat. Otherwise the floor f.olds completely flat which is nice for dogs etc.

Cool, some of the early ones with the 60/40 didn't, glad they upgraded to the better seat. Although the ones that didn't flip up did have more storage area under the seat.

trickblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a two-step process...

After the second row of seats is folded down, reach under the front of each seat and find the black strap. Pull the strap forward and slide the seat into the flat position.

The reason they do that, imo, is so you can move the front seats forward if you are a tall driver (like me) because of the second row headrests. After the seats are in the flat position, you can move your front seats back all of the way with no problem...

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Could you take a picture of that? I always wondered what nice storage space I'm missing with this 3rd row that I NEVER use...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4