Change the Supercharger OIL in SCV6?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, this comes out of my other S/C thread, but i think it is apropos in its own thread. Superchargers online says this about the eaton S/C we have "How often should I change the oil?

You could consider changing the oil at regular intervals such as 20k, 30k, 50k, or 100k miles depending on usage. Please make sure you do NOT use any other type of oil, including synthetic motor oils. These will cause failure. Only use Supercharger Oil made specifically for Eaton Superchargers."

Pretty vague!

I didn't even know that it had it's own special oil supply. that is news to me. Guess i never thought about it.

And maybe i didn't see it in the service manual...

But it's the first I have heard about it.

Thoughts?

Flat-Six

Reaction score
Is there a procedure somewhere for this? Never heard of the SC having it's on oil either....

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a procedure somewhere for this? Never heard of the SC having it's on oil either....
Yeah. Google oil change Eaton supercharger m112. This supercharger is on a bunch of cars and people ha e posted about it. Essentially you have to pop the drain and use a syringe to get the oil out. It is a special supercharger oil from Eaton.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google supercharger, LR4 and pull up a picture on eBay or elsewhere. Look on the back of the supercharger, towards the top where it meets the intercooler, above the black back plate. The fill/drain plug appears to be there. Still attached to the vehicle, not removed, it looked like a pain, but doable. Probably easier with the intercooler removed, but you can get a magnetic socket back there--not sure on the size though. Approach from the drivers side, and you can feel the recessed bolt.

Hope that helps without pictures..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72