Changing rear dougnut on rear propshaft (driveshaft) [D1, RR]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

JackUnion

When changing the rear dougnut on rear propshafts (driveshafts) on some disco I's and on 95 RR's LR's kit comes with a new bushing for the propshaft end (a lot of people don't change them as they can't get the old one out, then the new dougnut wears out quickly). I've seen people hack these things to death trying to get them out. Now this tip also works on other jobs like pilot bushes in flywheels and many other jobs.
Fill the whole in the propshaft or pilot bush with grease, get a socket or something the right size to go into the hole (if it's a socket you'll have to fill the socket with grease also). Give the socket/whatever a few goods wacks to force it into the hole, the grease has nowhere to go so it gets behind the bush and slides it out for you. A little messy but quick easy, this tip has saved me hours over the years.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM