Christmas tree on my front panel!!!Need Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi:
I have the chrsitmas tree on my panel. The ABS light, the traction control and the down hill. They turn on all 3 at the same time. You turn of the Disco and when you turn on again they don't lights. When you are running not always they came on again.

I need help with this because where I live I don't found mechanic for Discovery.

Discovery II 2002 with 93,000 miles

thanks
Juan

Deadhead86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What youre experiencing is more than likely pretty common with the Discos. Its so common, someone has a line of apperal with the warning lights as the emblem. Its called the "3 amigos". Do a search for that and youll pull up a sh*t ton of stuff.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
taking a guess either a dirty ABS sensor or the ABS shuttle valve

Reaction score
I will try to clean the abs sensor with a presurre wash. I assume that the ABS sensor is located near or on the brake piston,pad rotors? Is that right? Where is the ABS shuttler valve located?

thanks for your help
Juan

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
ABS sensors are located at each wheel. You should see the wire going to each hub from the inside.

Shuttle Valve is located under the ABS modulator drivers side fender well in front of the brake fluid tank.

discovervaacd

Reaction score
I've seen the ABS, Trac, and Dwnhill questions. Will those lights cause my disco to run other than normal? Have a major issue, my tech is attempting to do the road test and can't get past the 30mph test.. Engine starts to misfire.. no power but will idle 'great'. and will power brake up to 4-5 k rpms.. put on the road and code P1590. also the TPS is showing 77% and cant obtain 100% is that correct? Lastly, what can you tell me about the Crank Signal, Veh Speed and TPS playing together. Disco has been down for 3 months.. please help if you can. call me if you would I just need some sound advise 757 478-2655

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635