Clock running slow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NeilP

Reaction score
Most car clocks run slow . I've not had one in 25 years that hasn't . It's nothing to do with an impending dead battery .
Whether my batteries are brand new or five years old , it's the same .

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, dealers replace the original battery with an Interstate battery, so it's not like going to a dealer gets you any sort of advantage, unless you are still under the original warranty.

Just go anywhere and get a good battery. Interstate, Exide, Odyssey, etc. You can go with a Group 49 if you want a bigger battery.

This has been my experience...plus they had to "calibrate" the charging system. Day and half to diagnose and another day to "calibrate". Nonsense. Just buy yourself the Interstate and drop it in. Your time is worth more than dealer shenna****ns.

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been my experience...plus they had to "calibrate" the charging system. Day and half to diagnose and another day to "calibrate". Nonsense. Just buy yourself the Interstate and drop it in. Your time is worth more than dealer shenna****ns.

Thank you. That’s good advice and I had already decided to avoid the dealer even tho it’s under warranty. My local indie charged me for 40 min time. He checked starter draw, alternator, battery. Battery is still okay but only by a bit. It passes the load test by a single bar.

Aok2000

Reaction score
I have the same problem, it happens during warm/ and cold months and I just had the dealer replace the battery- those 2 are not the cause. So annoying!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM