Code U0001 & U0101

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blaine30a

Reaction score
This just started today. I purchased the car about a week ago from a dealer in Ohio. Today I parked at home and when i started the car again and pulled out of the driveway it gave a warning about stability control, brake system, parking system sensors system unavailable, HDC, and transmission fault.

The vehicle will shift but will not downshift upon stopping. If you go back to park or turn off the vehicle and then select Drive it will start in 1st as expected. It acts almost as if the transmission is not getting the signal to shift.

Also, the air suspension is staying at the lowest setting.

I have a very basic OBDll reader and was able to pull U0001 & U0101.

I'm assuming this is a TCM issue but it just seems odd to be all of sudden like this.

Any input is greatly appreciated!
f74526afb9a6df1fdfadf70b113b1312.jpg
be264a8f88d09bd524130d7cec85fc32.jpg
87c155dc528147f803d098dbcbf7a0b1.jpg
a4f0c306381caf522172b81755dcf30c.jpg
25eaaf97b1393a3ee01fababe3eb2834.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jasevo3rs

Reaction score
Ouch! One week into her and she's throwing all this at you!
Sorry that I can't help but can offer some moral support that I feel your pain. I'm nearly 2 months into mine and she's also testing the relationship!
Good luck mate!

Blaine30a

Reaction score
Ouch! One week into her and she's throwing all this at you!
Sorry that I can't help but can offer some moral support that I feel your pain. I'm nearly 2 months into mine and she's also testing the relationship!
Good luck mate!
Hahaha just pray for cheap repairs lol

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a bad battery in the car it could freak out like this and throw a whole bunch of codes but that’s a long shot. I’d say take it to a mechanic and get the codes pulled or get a GAP IID tool and do the codes yourself. Sorry to hear about this though. I’d try to sort it out with the dealer since it’s only been a week.

Blaine30a

Reaction score
If you have a bad battery in the car it could freak out like this and throw a whole bunch of codes but that’s a long shot. I’d say take it to a mechanic and get the codes pulled or get a GAP IID tool and do the codes yourself. Sorry to hear about this though. I’d try to sort it out with the dealer since it’s only been a week.
The dealer is about 900 miles from me and they were sure to mention that everything was As-Is. Granted, there were no issues in the almost 1,500 miles driven since I purchased it.

I' have an appointment in the morning for the mechanic. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and topically do all my own work but when it comes to so many systems tied in together, I would hate to start just throwing parts and modules at it.

I did question whether a battery or alternator could cause this.

Blaine30a

Reaction score
**UPDATE**

Went to the mechanic this morning and from the start it ran perfectly fine.

Ran codes and looked at the modules, it hasn't happened again. At one point, it did have an alternator (generator) code so the thought is that the alternator is intermittently having voltage issues.

We will see if it does it again

designfisher

Reaction score
Well, there must be something in the air. My 2012 LR4 with 143K just started doing the same thing to me while on a trip in Colorado climbing to the top of Imogene Pass at about 500 feet from the top. Limped back home and ordered a GAP Tool. Working on it this weekend. Same errors in the display. Transmission fault, HDC Not Available System fault, Parking Brake fault, Stability Control not available, Special Programs Not Available, lowered to lowest suspension settings (just great when you are driving offroad), Emergency Brake Assist Not Available. Will only drive in 3rd gear when all this happens. When it sits for a few hours it will act like it never happened, but then come back. Before I ordered the fault tool, tried resetting by disconnecting the battery. Already swapped the brake switch.

I had changed out the transmission fluid and swapped to the upgraded filter from AB at 134K and actually for almost those 10K miles it was driving like a dream. Great shifting, increased fuel economy if you can believe it (not why I bought it) and all was well in the world.

I have put 18s on it and also the Johnson Rods 2.5" extenders.

I will plug into it and post the faults this weekend.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, there must be something in the air. My 2012 LR4 with 143K just started doing the same thing to me while on a trip in Colorado climbing to the top of Imogene Pass at about 500 feet from the top. Limped back home and ordered a GAP Tool. Working on it this weekend. Same errors in the display. Transmission fault, HDC Not Available System fault, Parking Brake fault, Stability Control not available, Special Programs Not Available, lowered to lowest suspension settings (just great when you are driving offroad), Emergency Brake Assist Not Available. Will only drive in 3rd gear when all this happens. When it sits for a few hours it will act like it never happened, but then come back. Before I ordered the fault tool, tried resetting by disconnecting the battery. Already swapped the brake switch.

I had changed out the transmission fluid and swapped to the upgraded filter from AB at 134K and actually for almost those 10K miles it was driving like a dream. Great shifting, increased fuel economy if you can believe it (not why I bought it) and all was well in the world.

I have put 18s on it and also the Johnson Rods 2.5" extenders.

I will plug into it and post the faults this weekend.

sounds electrical to me. All fly by wire so slight variations in voltage cause all sorts of issue. I’d start with battery check then move to alternator. Check what voltage your truck is charging at...if it’s around 12 or below, you’ve probably got a bad alternator. Mine was charging at 11.7 and it was enough to throw faults like you are describing

Blaine30a

Reaction score
Just to give everyone an update:

After taking it in for diagnostics, it never showed the fault again. They monitored the alternator output for a while both at idle and under load while driving and never dropped below 13.6ish.

I have taken the truck to the Land Rover dealership in Mobile, AL. where they also looked at it and updated the PCM. No issues.

It seems to have just been a fluke. I know something is there and has potential, I just don't know if it will raise it's head again. So far, so good!

Hopefully my LR4 continues to just fix itself [emoji23]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM